Avenue Suites Georgetown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Melrose Georgetown Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
The River Inn(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
  • Pool
Arc The. Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
Very Good 4/5
1,657 results
All reviewstrader joe's across the streetfull kitchenliving roomfoggy bottom metrotrader joe swhite houseminute walkseparate kitchendining tablewhole foodspull out couchfront desk stafftwo queen bedshome away from homelocation is greatlincoln memorialwalking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 15, 2014

If there is a better place to stay in DC, it doesn’t matter to me!!
These guys understand hospitality…..beginning with an attitude that the guest experience is top priority. I made a couple of special requests by email of the manager (Zuhair Omer) They were answered promptly and fulfilled without hesitation.
Upon our arrival we met Seck at the front desk….this man immediately makes you feel like he has been waiting on you and is genuinely glad you’re there! All the staff was eager to please and their smiles were contagious. We were greeted by name every time we entered and asked if we needed anything.
The Hotel ambiance is Hollywood sheik with a modern feel. A cozy common area but not crowded and a well stocked bar that was always staffed. The outdoor seating was roomy comfortable and clean.
Our room was a king suite with a full kitchen, we had everything we needed to make our week stay with two kids very comfortable.
This was a vacation that also included our wedding anniversary. One of the hotel staff members (Izzy) was excited to help plan our anniversary dinner and help my wife surprise me with a romantic candlelight desert outside. It was the most personal service I have ever received from any Hotel.
There are several resturants close by and the Metro is less than a ten minute walk.

If you’re planning a trip to DC, don’t sell this place short. It may be small but they make up for it in a really big way…….service!

Room Tip: We chose the king suite, the kids slept on the sofa bed. The housekeeping staff made the bad and neatly put it away every day! It was roomy with a full kitchen with full size appliances. Even a full size fridge for evening snacks and drinks for the kids.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 2Travelingforfun
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear 2Travelingforfun,

Thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us and for taking the time to write about your experience. I am thrilled to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and most importantly how much the service provided by Omer, Seck, Izzy and the rest of the team had to do with your satisfaction. On behalf of everyone at Avenue, we look forward to your return visit from Texas.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Avenues Suites always lives up to its reputation of being a 2nd home to its guests as that is exactly what it is, with a spacious living room and fully equipped kitchen. The facilities are great as one can prepare one's own meals (always a good option to have) and the staff were always friendly and helpful. Mine was an early checkin after a Transatlantic flight, and I found the hotel expecting me with my key already cut so the checkin was very quick! I did have a problem with a noisy neighbor playing loud music in the middle of the night, but this was effectively dealt with once brought to the attention of the hotel Front Desk. I always stay at The Avenues when I am in DC, and I will be back....

1  Thank Ndabezinhle M

Dear Ndabezinhle M,

Thank you for making Avenue Suites your second home! I am delighted that we continue to live up to your expectations and that the service provided by the team has so much to do with that. On behalf of everyone at Avenue, we look forward to your return visit from Johannesburg.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The front desk set the stage for a great experience at this hotel. We arrived very late after a difficult evening. The two staff members at the desk did everything possible to get us quickly situated and make us feel very welcome. The location was close enough to Metro and bike share that we had no difficulty getting to our appointments the following morning. The availability of on-street parking was also not a problem at that late hour. The room was spacious and well suited for our short stay.

Dear Elizabeth23,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to learn that our front desk colleagues were able to set the stage for a great experience and that you enjoyed our amenities and location. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

So, it was a good place, don't get me wrong. However, for the amount we paid (over $400) I would have expected a little better quality place. The lobby and the room were average hotel rooms. The bathroom, however was really not good. The shower fixtures were broken, and the nozzle was hanging off the ceiling. The elevators smelled like vomit, and were shaky. On the bright side, the staff were VERY friendly, and helpful. We were always greeted with a smile and a "hello" when we came in. The bar area were nice, and the bartenders were very friendly, albeit not very knowledgeable. So, all in all, it was a good place to rest your head, but not really worth the money we paid for it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mike A
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Mike A,

Thank you for your recent visit and for your review. I am disappointed to learn that we failed to exceed your expectations. I appreciate your feedback regarding the issues you encountered and will make certain they get addressed immediately. I am glad to know that the service provided by my team was the highlight of your stay as this is a big aspect of the overall experience. Thank you for sharing your comments. It is only through feedback like yours that we can continue to improve our product and services. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit so we can regain your confidence and turn you into one of our loyal guests.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Avenue Suites in its new renovated form is a great alternative for the stay in NW of DC. Staff was on their toes for making us feel at home and the room combination with living area, kitchen area and bed room makes for a compfortable stay. The short distance to Traders Joe, for filling the fridge if you do not feel for going out, and less than 10 minutes walk to cover all the good restaurants of Old Georgetown makes for good alternatives.

Dear Niels V,

Thank you for your recent visit and for your review. I am delighted to learn that your experience with us exceeded your expectations. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit from Johannesburg.