“Outstanding!”

Avenue Suites Georgetown
Ranked #13 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We took our two young children to D.C. over Veteran's Day. The staff were excellent and the room was wonderful. The kitchen makes the unit very family friendly and there was plenty of room for two little ones to run around. The hotel was within walking distance to the White House and Memorial Park. There is also a Trader Joes, Papa Johns, Subway and amazing Thai Restaurant across the street. I highly recommend this hotel, our stay nothing short of wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel, the back rooms you will be looking at an alley.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear Jenna M,

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay at Avenue Suites. I appreciate your comments about the convenience of having a full kitchen in your guestroom, our location, amenities and most importantly the friendly service provide by my team. On behalf of everyone at Avenue suites, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and we grateful for highly recommending us to your friends and family.

Avenue Suites

Write a ReviewReviews (1,614)

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very very nice and clean. Also it is located bedside the Georgetown shops and you could have a lots of fun in Georgetown. The staff are great and nice. My stay at this hotel was a great experience I would share with all my friends. It gave me more than I expected.
The suite is very big and comfortable. I love the sofa in the living room and bed is so comfortable. If I have more time, I would like to stay longer. It was just so nice.

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Jun L,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations regarding cleanliness, location and service. I am delighted to learn that you will be sharing your experience with all your friends. On behalf of everyone at Avenue suites, we look forward to welcoming you back soon for a longer stay!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed only one night at Avenue Suites, but wished we could have stayed longer. The Suites are sooooo spacious and very clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend it. Convenient to the National Mall and the Kennedy Center.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank camkbm

Dear camkbm,

Thank you for your review. I delighted that your one night stay was so wonderful and that you found our suites to be spacious, clean and comfortable. On behalf of everyone at Avenue suites, we look forward to welcoming you back soon for a longer stay and thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

5. About 5 mins walk to Foggy Bottom metro station
6. And not to mention, perfect suite, spacious with kitchen
7. Newly renovated hotel as overall
8. Friendly staff !!

Room Tip: I believe all rooms has windows, but if you can have room facing the front street, it's quite us...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Welly S,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I delighted to learn that we exceeded your expectations regarding our location, proximity to Trader Joe’s, spacious suites and kitchens and most importantly friendly staff. On behalf of everyone at Avenue suites, we look forward to welcoming you back from Houston (my home-town) very soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The staff here is very pleasant. The rooms are setup like a timeshare. We had two rooms, one had a bedroom, living room and small kitchen with refrigerator, stove, dishes, etc., and was carpeted. The second room was one big room with the bed, a bar area, microwave, mini-fridge and wood floors. It appeared to be handicap accessible although we did not need or ask for this type of room. The location is great for visiting the Georgetown area and the metro is not too far away. As other people have said, the shower head was amazing and the amenities were L'OCCITANE. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the room that has a separate bedroom.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear d2davis,

Thank you for your review. I glad that you enjoyed our location, spacious suites with full kitchens, rain shower heads and L’Occitane bath amenities. On behalf of everyone at Avenue suites, we look forward to welcoming you back from Texas.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Zuhair, the guest services manager, was 5-star level in how he responded when I mentioned during checkout that we did not have working DTV service during our stay (which prevented us from enjoying the Ravens/Steelers matchup on Thanksgiving evening).

Also special mention for Seck at the front desk for his warmth and consideration regarding our need to check in early so that we could have time to be on time for our Thanksgiving dinner reservation. He and Zuhair set the example for the rest of the staff.

There was one other front desk person who failed in this regard when we first arrived, but we were fortunate to deal with Seck after she left duty on the day of our arrival.

Also special mention for the porter, who was really pleasant.

Regarding physical aspects of the room; the heating system provides heat normally, but it is very loud - too loud to sleep, so bring good earplugs. I always bring earplugs in case I am in a noisy place, so I was able to sleep on this trip, but it bothered my companion.

I may be more sensitive than average to sound, but IMHO, the walls could be a bit better soundproofed, (so that is another reason in particular to bring earplugs), and we were able to hear the guests' child playing in the adjacent room.

We stayed in one of the newer rooms.

Overall, this was a good value and the staff are really nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear E S,

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to learn that Zuhair provided you with 5 star and that he was able to address the issue regarding the TV reception. I am also glad that Mr. Seck was able to provide you with an early check-in so that you could enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner. On behalf of everyone at Avenue suites, we look forward to welcoming you back from NYC.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in June. We got a nice room; a little kitchen, a sleeping room and a living room. We were a couple with a son of 17. Perfect location for walking to Georgetown ( 3 minutes ), walking down to the White house ( 15 minutes ) and to the tube ( 5 minutes). Washington was much more interesting and prettier then expected. A lot of nice restaurants nearby. We took the train to New York from Union station. Fantastic journey and the best way to go to Manhatten. Comfortable beds :-)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear ThomasOslo42,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you and your family had a pleasant stay. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our location, amenities and comfortable beds. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.