“My first visit since the renovations”

Avenue Suites Georgetown
Ranked #9 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
London, United Kingdom
“My first visit since the renovations”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times before. This was the 1st time I stayed here since the renovations. Honestly, I liked the Federal Style they had before a bit better. Not much of a hollywood fan myself. But my preferences aside, it is lovely. They have done a great job in the lobby and new restaurant. The rooms are pretty much the same as I remember them, but they are very comfortable and offer enormous space! The Location is tops, easy to walk just about anywhere. I did find the breakfast a bit expensive, and on the average side in terms of taste and quality. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank DrewGeneva
Diego H, General Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Drew Geneva,

First and foremost, welcome back! I am thrilled to learn that your return trip to Avenue suites was to your satisfaction. I appreciate your comments about the renovations of the lobby, restaurant and rooms. Thank you for your feedback regarding our breakfast offerings. I will make certain to share this with our F&B team. Please do not hesitate to contact me upon your next visit to DC.

Diego Heredia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Rooms are nice and spacious and perfect for a family. Location is easy walking distance to many nice attractions and Georgetown. Furniture in the rooms was a bit more beaten up than I would expect- lots of missing veneer and staining of various things. There was not a working drain-plug in the bathroom sink, and the tub-shower was something more reminiscent of a Red Roof than a somewhat high end apartment-hotel like this one, though they tacked on a rain-showerhead to make it a little fancier. This is a nice place to stay in DC, and if you get a good price, by all means, go for it. That said, always remember, you won't get Four Seasons room at Holiday Inn prices, and the case is no different here- If you want Four Seasons- it's about 2 blocks away and about 3x as expensive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank baltimooron
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to learn that you found our rooms to be spacious and our location very convenient. I do apologize about the condition of the furniture in your guest room and the drain in your sink. Please rest assured that these issues have been shared with our maintenance team to ensure they get addressed. On behalf of everyone at Avenue Suites, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Santa Fiora, Italy
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights.the staff is very cordial,housekeeping efficient and suites spacious.so handy to have a real kitchen.the location is excellent,circulator,buses and metro nearby.Georgetown is just minutes away.the occitaine products are a plus.will definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gabyna
Dear Gabyna,

Thank you for your recent visit. I am delighted to learn that during your six night stay with us you found our colleagues to be very cordial and efficient. Thank you as well for your comments about our spacious rooms, full kitchens, convenient location and wonderful bath products. On behalf of everyone at Avenue Suites, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

toronto
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Service terrific staff friendly and helpful. Walking distance to subway and Lincoln memorial. Huge plus having a small kitchen and a traders joes across the street. So much to see and do in dc sometimes you just want to have a simple home cooked meal. The one significant complaint was that although daytime temperatures still in mid 70's air conditioning has been turned off in building. Rooms got and stayed very warm 76-78 despite having windows open which was not really option at night because of the busy and noisy street below.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CurrentOpinion2013,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit. I am glad to know that you found our location, amenities and service to your satisfaction. I do apologize about the temperature issues you encountered during your stay. I have shared your feedback with our engineering team to make sure it does not happen again. On behalf of everyone at Avenue Suites, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Staying at The Avenue Suites and all the positive things others have said (but none of the negatives) apply.
Rooms clean, location great, all staff friendly and helpful.
As for Mr. Seck - after hearing so much about him, he had taken on mythic proportions and I was expecting the anticipation of meeting him to be far greater than the event itself.
Well I was wrong, he was everything I was led to believe and more. Even the Mrs. and the kids agreed and we hardly agree unanimously on anything.
I must add that all the other members of staff were equally good, both front of house and the people who help make it all possible like the chambermaids, cleaners and maintenance staff I came into contact with. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
I'll just say it's like Mr. Seck is Bruce Springsteen and the others are the E Street Band.
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend the place. Better stop now otherwise people reading this may think I've been paid to write this.
SKM
Ps I'm not

Room Tip: We stayed at room 1012. Roomy and close to the lift but not so close you could hear all the comings...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear SKM2151791,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am thrilled to learn that we exceeded your expectations with regards to cleanliness, location and service. I was also delighted to read your comments about Mr. Seck. He is truly remarkable and an asset to our team. Please rest assured that I have already shared your wonderful comments with him. On behalf of the team at Avenue Suites, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon.

Germany
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I read the reviews for this hotel before booking, so I was expecting good service. I was blown away by how good it was. Everyone I encountered at the front desk and the breakfast bar was polite and eager to help. After I booked with the hotel, I found a cheaper rate elsewhere, and that was handled quickly and to my satisfaction. When I arrived - late, with small children, my dad, and a husband on crutches - I asked about the valet parking, which seemed kind of expensive, and the front desk clerks directed me to free street parking. We rented a scooter for my husband to use during our visit, and it did not arrive when it was supposed to. The front desk staff did everything they could to help us find an alternative. This hotel is in a great location and the room we had was super clean with high-quality toiletries. The kitchen was a little run down, but we only used the refrigerator and Keurig. It was fine for what we needed. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in DC.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Delisa B
Dear Delisa B,

Thank you for making your decision to stay with us based on the reviews you found on-line. I am delighted that the service provided by our team did not disappoint you and that you found our amenities and location perfect for your entire family. On behalf of our team at Avenue Suites, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon.

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

It was a memorable stay, not that the hotel was excellent but the arrangement and comfortability. Our room had a separate living room and a small kitchen. We cooked together, after a day long meetings and discussions, sip through chilled beer with fried sausage or shrimp. The break was too small but I liked the stay in the hotel because of the location and comfort like own studio apartment. The bank, transport and super shop were within 5 minutes walk. I stayed there in the second week of October 2012 for one week.

Stayed November 2012
Dear ShashankaS,

Thank you for writing about your past experience at Avenue Suites. I am glad that you the accommodations comfortable and that you found the amenities and location convenient for your needs. On behalf of our team at Avenue Suites, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.