Avenue Suites Georgetown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Melrose Georgetown Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
The River Inn(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
  • Pool
Arc The. Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
1,660 results
All reviewstrader joe's across the streetfull kitchenliving roomfoggy bottom metrotrader joe swhite houseminute walkseparate kitchendining tablewhole foodspull out couchfront desk stafftwo queen bedshome away from homelocation is greatlincoln memorialwalking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Avenue Suites was a good fit for my family of 4. We have boy/girl older teens who do NOT want to share a sleeping space anymore and aside from getting 2 rooms its very hard to find a room with enough beds. We had a 1 bedroom suite with a separate King bed, a pull out couch and paid an extra $25 / night for a cot. The King bed was very comfortable.There was also a full kitchen which was perfect for making breakfast before we headed out. The front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful. The location is right on the edge of Georgetown which had tons of great shops and places to eat. Very safe to walk at night as well. We asked for a higher floor and our room had a nice view and was also quiet. Location wise - it's a bit far from all the monuments, the Capitol etc... the subway was pricey (about $2.70 per person for each way) and so were cabs.For a family of 4 that really adds up. So... We walked A LOT!!!!!! If you do take the subway, there is a stop about 5-7 min. walk from the hotel and at that stop there is also a free shuttle bus to the Kennedy Center. My only real complaint is that there was a very loud rattle in the air conditioner that woke me up several times a night. We just lived with it which is our own fault, I am sure they would have fixed it had we mentioned it. There just never seemed like a good time to have maintenance in our room. If you stay - there is a Trader Joe's directly across the street - so convenient for stocking your kitchen. But do not miss out on Baked & Wired just a couple of blocks down M street. They have baked goods to die for and the very best oatmeal cookie/peach ice cream ice cream sandwich. Plus all the coffees you could want.

1  Thank RandRCalifornia
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

RandRCalifornia,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your recent time with us at the Avenue Suites here in historic Washington DC. It is great to hear that our oversized suites were comfortable for you and your teenage children. I would love the opportunity to speak with you in a little more detail about the issues with the AC unit in your room as all feedback is essential to our goal of perfection. I have provided my phone number below in hopes of us having a conversation at your earliest convenience.

Thanks for your kind review,
phone: 202-464-5609

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our stay at Avenue Suites was everything we had hoped for and more. Especially given the fact we were a family of six (4 children and 2 adults), the accommodations were perfect. The suite was large and very comfortable and it was extremely helpful to have a separate kitchen. It felt more like home than a hotel. The staff was also wonderful and went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in the Georgetown area.

1  Thank ccvbht

ccvbht,

It means the world to us when guests take the time to share their 5-star Avenue Suites experience with all of our friends here on TripAdvisor. Our hotel is a good fit for larger families as our suites are more "apartment-like" than your standard hotel rooms. Thank you for telling everybody that the Avenue Suites is more like a home than a hotel - that is wonderful to hear!

We look forward to your next visit with us,

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed here with my two teenagers while visiting my daughter who was staying at GW for the summer. The location was great for GW and for walking in and around Georgetown. There is a Trader Joes nearby for snacks and drinks.
While not luxurious, the suites were quite large and the beds comfortable. The kitchen needed a fair amount of TLC but was adequate.
The front desk was exceptional! Great service!

Greetings trishaNewJersey,

On behalf of all of us here at the Avenue Suites Georgetown, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with all of our friends here on TripAdvisor. I do agree that some of our kitchens are a tad "vintage" and can assure you we are brainstorming on ways in which to update them. Our entire front desk is appreciative of you taking the time to give them a nice kudos for their incredibe hard work.

We look forward to seeing you again with us real soon at the Avenue Suites!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I loved the Avenue Suites in Washington DC (right beside Georgetown). The hotel is a former condo so the rooms are very spacious and come with a kitchen! The staff are wonderful at this hotel - all of them - with a special mention to Mr. "Seck"! The staff greet you with ice-cold drinks when you walk in, and simply can't do enough for you during the length of your stay. I would not stay anywhere else in DC!

Room Tip: One negative ... the mattresses weren't the greatest. But otherwise it's terrific.

Laurie L,

It is spectacular to hear that word of the Avenue Suites has reached all the way to beautiful Quebec. Our rooms are indeed incredibly large and comfortable for both large families as well as single business travelers. I must agree that Mr. Seck is incredible at what he does and act as a stellar ambassador for our hotel. I have shared your comments with him and he could not be happier. Please shoot me an e-mail the next time you are planning to visit the Avenue Suites so I can ensure it is another memorable visit.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

As a family of 5, it is always a challenge to find accommodations that suit our needs. Avenue suites definitely fits that bill. Most reviewers have made the main highlights: near subway, near Trader Joe's, walking distance to Georgetown, a kitchen (although dated) and a living area with pullout sofa (which was great for the kids). The big bonus was that we were right on the DC Circulator line ($1 fare) - we didn't use our van at all during the stay in DC (walk, bus, subway). Staff were friendly and housekeeping service was great. The only negative was that being on Pennsylvania, we heard a few sirens go by at night.

Room Tip: Ask for room away for Pennsylvania
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

SteelersToronto,

It is great to hear that there are Steelers fans all the way up in Canada. As a Pennsylvania native myself, pride in our football teams has always been important to me! The DC Circulator is indeed a great asset as it sits just 2 blocks from our front door. Like you said, you can sometimes hear sirens going down Pennsylvania Avenue however do have rooms that face out to the other direction which are much better for light sleepers. Please reach out to me the next time you are planning to visit so I can thank you in person for your great review.