“Comfortable and Well Connected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Suites Georgetown

Avenue Suites Georgetown
Ranked #5 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Colombo
“Comfortable and Well Connected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was our second stay in this hotel the first one being in 2006. Well they've completely changed its look. That was a nice surprise. It's an excellent place for a family. The kitchenette is pretty well stocked. They even have dishwashing liquid etc. There is a good super market across the street as well as a subway (Foggy Bottom). There are also good restaurants within walking distance that deliver to the hotel. Staff are friendly. Rooms are clean. We had a room with a connecting door next to us (our living room) and we could hear them talk (and them us) which can be a bit awkward, but I guess we were both tolerant of each other so no complaints really. The couch in the living room area was quite comfortable. The hotel also has a pretty good limo service to take you around.

• 4 of 5 stars
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
RAinColombo,

It is so great to hear that you are happy with our new facelift here at the Avenue Suites. We are delighted with our new product and take every opportunity we can to show it off! Please reach out to me directly the next time you are planning to join us so I can block you into a quieter room away from other guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

e-mail: mturow@modushotelsdc.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations in almost every way. I assumed a standard level of basic amenities for what you'd pay in any pricey major city these days, but I was pleasantly surprised at the level of luxury I found. It was well worth the money. The rooms were quite large, the furnishings very tastefully done, and the full kitchen an unanticipated plus. I was there with my teenage son, and we were both extremely comfortable and had plenty of space. The neighborhood was great and very conveniently located. But what really set this hotel apart for me was the outstanding service. Everyone was extremely courteous, efficient, and helpful, most especially Seck at the front desk, whose incredible humanity came through in every little thing he did. If you are lucky, you will meet him and see what I mean. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WhereAreMyGlasses,

Nothing feels better than getting a stunning review from one of TripAdvisor's Top Contributor's. We have shared your great words with our entire staff who were elated to hear about your positive experience. I must agree that Mr. Seck is amazing at what he does and has been dazzling guests with his service for many years. As an experienced traveler, I would love the chance to coordinate all of your future visits personally so please reach out to me at the e-mail address below the next time you are planning to visit Washington DC.

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Avenue suites did not disappoint us! Once again, we were greeted with smiles and a "welcome" each and every time we entered the hotel. Our rooms were spotless and the renovations, a wonderful asset to the hotel. It is not only spacious and comfortable, but beautiful as well. I can't stress how approachable the staff was. We came in a big group (17 family members in 5 rooms!) and no one was flustered nor did anyone in our group have any complaints. Thanks again, Avenue Suites for a great place to lay our heads in DC!

NickieGZ,

It was so great seeing you and your entire family again here at the Avenue Suites. Thank you for commending our staff on the experience they provided to you all. It seemed like everyone had a great time here with us and are so glad we were able to help with the overall Washington DC experience. As we discussed, please continue to go through me directly for all future Avenue Suites visits so I can ensure everything continues to go perfectly.

North Bovey, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

At a conference rate of 290 bucks this pseudo cool dosshouse is not great value. The service is excellent but there is no restaurant, not even for breakfast.rooms are adequate for a suites style experience but don't expect luxury. It advertises itself as 'boutique'. It ain't.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room over the bar area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank ozzertjie
ozzertjie,

I would love the chance to get to speak with you about your time with us at the Avenue Suites to ensure your subpar experience does not happen to anyone else. We strive to offer fantastic service at a great price in the perfect location and it seems like we missed the mark on your visit. Our hotel does, however, have a full restaurant for breakfast and a dinner restaurant with light offerings as well. I have provided the website to the A Bar + Kitchen below so you can come and enjoy their offerings the next time you are here. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience so I can discuss your experience in more detail.

I look forward to speaking with you soon,
phone: 202-464-5609
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My family of four stayed here for a five day vacation. Love the spaciousness and modern decor. My middle school age boys loved having two separate rooms so they didn't have to be with their parents each and every minute of the day.

The location made it perfect to take the Metro at the Foggy Bottom station to all of our desired destinations. The quick walk to Georgetown made shopping and eating a breeze.

The staff was helpful from the minute we walked in. They let us check in early after an excruciating overnight flight and were most helpful in figuring out the Metro and suggesting fun options that my kids would like to do while in town. I can't say enough about the welcoming and service we received.

We will be staying here next time we visit DC, and I'm recommending it to all of my friends.

Greetings PhilboydStudge,

Thank you for recommending the Avenue Suites to all of your friends. We too agree that our large suites are ideal for families as everyone can have a little privacy after a long day of sightseeing here in Washington DC. As you said, we are always happy to provide our guests with early check-in's when possible as we understand you want all the time you can to see all our great city has to offer! Please reach out to me directly the next time you are in our area so I can thank you personally for your great review.

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Everyone was amazingly nice. They were all willing to go above and beyond. The rooms were great. It was great to have the extra room and kitchen- especially with kids. The area was beautiful. It was upscale, clean and so much in walking distance. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Greetings jtw33,

Thank you so much for taking the time to recommend us to all of our friends here on TripAdvisor. We put a lot of effort into getting as much feedback as we can onto this website and are so appreciative when our guests take the time to post for us. Please reach out to me the next time you are planning to visit us at the Avenue Suites so I can make sure it is extra special.

New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Good option for family groups. Very good and pleasant staff. Lovely rooms with bedroom and lounge. Nice decor. Full kitchen with oven and dishwasher. Trader Joes across road. Good restaurants close by. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SGGNZ
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
SGGNZ,

Nothing feels better than getting great feedback from experienced travelers such as yourself. You are correct that our oversized guest rooms are indeed apartment-sized and even include full kitchens in them. Please reach out to me directly at the e-mail address below for all future reservations so I can ensure you are properly taken care of moving forward.