Avenue Suites Georgetown
$217
  • Restaurant
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
Free cancellation until 06/01
Book now, pay at stay
$188
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $257/night.

Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$359
$323
  • Breakfast included
$323
$305
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
Free cancellation until 05/30
Book now, pay at stay
$409
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$383
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$404
$365
$332
Priceline
1,671 results
All reviewstrader joe's across the streetfull kitchenliving roomfoggy bottom metrotrader joe swhite houseminute walkseparate kitchendining tablewhole foodspull out couchfront desk stafftwo queen bedshome away from homelocation is greatlincoln memorialwalking distance
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Our family of 5 stayed at Avenue Suites from 11 Dec - 17 Dec. The price was reasonable and from the time we arrived we were made to feel welcome. Our room was clean, spacious, modern and to top it off the kitchen was great for when we cooked meals. The front desk staff were aways courteous, willing to help in any way and the dayly cleaning of our room was always done professionally. It is only 5 mins away from Foggy Bottom metro which was handy for when we went sight seeing. We would definetly stay there again and would also recommend to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jody B
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Happy Holidays Jody B,

It is wonderful to hear that you got home to Australia safetly and had a wonderful visit to the Avenue Suites. What a pleasure it was to meet you and your family a couple of days ago - we were very sad to see you go but hope that you will come back and see us again soon. Please e-mail me directly so I can make your next reservation with us as memorable as your first one!

Thanks so much and I hope you and your family have a fantastic holiday season.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Was there last week with family and we stayed for 3 nights before flying home. Great location, and simply love the quaint neighbourhood. Metro a short walk away. Small convenient store just across the road. You'll find many stores, restaurants, bars, and cupcakes not too far away. Enjoyed the evening walk in the neighbourhood. Room is clean and spacious and we have 2 flat screen TV. Stuff were helpful with our luggage and prompt in bring up our car! Maddy is very helpful. Hope to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Greetings WhiskeyCody,

It is so incredible to hear that word of Avenue Suites has reached Singapore! Your review has made us all celebrate however it is Maddy who has been smiling from ear to ear since he heard about your kind words. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor public and I would like to make sure your next trip with us is as spectacular as your first one. Please use my e-mail address below to get in touch with me directly so I can make your reservation and oversee your stay from start to finish.

I look forward to working with you soon,

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times and I have always enjoyed the large suites and the friendliness of the staff. My last stay at Avenue Suites topped any other stay here or anywhere else that I have stayed in DC. The entire staff was always helpful. Mitch and Etta especially went above and beyond the call of duty to help make my stay as nice as possible. I have been traveling to DC to see a doctor, and the Avenue Suites is very understanding of my situation and helps make a bad situation better by their friendliness and their willingness to go above and beyond the other hotels to make me more comfortable. I hope this good review doesn't block me out of a room, though....ha...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Conniejill,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor survey and share your experiences at the Avenue Suites with travelers from all over the world! It was such a great pleasure to get the chance to meet you and make your feel at home with us. It makes us so happy to hear that we are your new "go to" hotel when you come to Washington DC. Please go through me directly for all of your future reservations so I can make sure all stays are perfect!

I look forward to speaking with you real soon.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The remodel of this hotel is great! Good living and bedroom space with nice modern colors and big flat screen TVs. Stayed one week. Friendly staff. 2 blocks to Georgetown, quite a walk to subway. Municipal "tourist" bus stops on same block. Hop-on/off bus stops 2 blocks away at Georgetown Four Seasons hotel. No breakfast is included as it was in the past owners Georgetown Suites. Only complaint could be that the kitchens (full) were painted and new appliances purchased but look really old 1980s. But close the kitchen door and you won't see it.
Will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Happy Holidays aybc,

It certainly feels good to have such a positive review from someone who has traveled to so many different cities! I am so glad to hear that you are happy with our newly-renovated hotel and that you were satisfied with our location. You are correct that the bulk of the kitchens do contain appliances from a few years back and we are looking at this as a potential project in the future. Most importantly, your comments about our staff reminds us that we are headed in the right direction towards our goal of service perfection. It is our hope that every time you come back, you will notice something that has been improved until we are 100% flawless! Going forward, I would like the opportunity to work with you directly to book your reservations so I can make sure all future stays are as memorable as your first one!

I look forward to working with you in the future.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you're looking for a place to stay in Washington, DC with a great location, service, and accommodations--stop browsing and comparing hotels, you have found an amazing and well rounded venue at the Avenue Suites Georgetown.

Before you read the following review, here is a little bit of a background on me. I lived in Washington, DC for about 4 years in various neighborhoods and much of that time was spent in Foggy Bottom. Now, having moved back to NY, I visit friends in DC at least a few times a year and prior to staying at the Avenue Suites, I was always hunting for a suitable room with location and value at the top of my list. Many hotels in DC will be great in one aspect but suffer in others. In the future, most if not all of my stays in DC will be at the Avenue Suites.

Here's why I believe the Avenue Suites is now my "Go To" venue in DC:

I) Location and Transportation: The hotel is located at 25th Street NW and Pennsylvania Avenue and this uniquely allows guests to be in the middle of everything without actually being in a very busy area. The heart of Georgetown with its busy stores, restaurants, bars, and cupcakes are just minutes away to the West. While downtown DC is just to the East.

The hotel is not exactly located in the heart of Georgetown but more in the transitional area between Georgetown and Foggy Bottom, before you discount and dismiss this hotel because of it is not in the middle of Georgetown, the location is great. This area is a quieter than Georgetown, this means fewer people stumbling out of bars and yelling outside your windows at 2am. There is a Trader Joe's right across the street, a small convenience store (which sells alcohol) about 2 minutes to the East, a CVS Pharmacy about 5 minutes away.

It's location at 25th and Penn also means that the White House is located just 9 blocks away (1600 Penn). The Smithsonian and the Monuments are not very far off and it would be quite easy getting to them by cab, subway, or even walking if the weather is nice.

Most hotels in Georgetown are kind of on a public transportation island: few parking spaces, no vacant cabs, and there is no Metro Access. The Avenue does not share this problem with other Georgetown Hotels, The Foggy Bottom Metro station (Blue/Orange Lines) is located on 23rd Street, buses and the Circulator run along Penn Ave, cabs magically queue up in front of the hotel even at midnight. Street parking is available in the area, you just need to take some time looking for it, but it is one of the easiest places to find a parking spot in the downtown area of any city that I have lived in. Some meters are free during Saturday night and Sunday but check the signs.

II) Rooms and Accommodations: The entrance and the hotel itself is beautiful, furnished in the modern and post modern design. And yes, the hotel is wheel chair accessible. The lobby has plenty of space for guests to sit and can easily serve as a place to meet others. The drinks are not extraordinarily expensive at the bar, and the coffee was on par with many of the boutique coffee shops in Manhattan. The back patio, is a great place to lounge out in when trying to kill some time during a sunny day.

The rooms themselves are wonderful. Very Large and this is where your value is most apparent. The first time I stayed at the Avenue I was given a smaller room, than the other times I stayed.

The smaller room was still enormous. The only downside and differences was that there was no kitchen nor was there a wall separating the bedroom from the living area and "only" one flat screen TV. But the experience was still good enough for me to come back a second time.

The larger rooms feature:

A full kitchen, with: utensils, gas stove, a working oven, microwave, full fridge, silverware, pots/pans, and plates. I didn't do much cooking but with Trader Joe's across the street, it is definitely possible to make a home cooked meal at this hotel.

The Living Area, has a medium sized dinette table with three chairs along with a comfortable and large sofa that is also a sofa bed. a coffee table, large TV mounted on the wall, and a MASSIVE work desk. If you're in DC to do some work, the free WIFI gets decent broadband download speeds and the desk is so massive and welcoming, you will surely be able to get some work done.

The bedroom is in a separate room and I opted for a King Size bed both times I visited--I found the beds very comfortable and not too firm or too soft for my taste.There is a smaller TV mounted in the bedroom. A dresser and plenty of Outlets to plug in all of your numerous devices. The iHome system is offered as an alarm clock and can bluetooth sync your phone, charge an iphone and has a USB socket and aux cable to play music from your devices.

The Bathroom was clean, nothing too out of the ordinary, but the shower heads are a step ahead of the generic hotel bathrooms. The best thing about the bathroom is that there is a separate vanity area that has an additional sink to the one in the bathroom. So if someone needs to use the mirror for makeup/brushing their teeth/whatever they can do so without impeding access to the bathroom.

Lastly, the few interactions I had with the staff were great. Every time I check in, it seems like they're very accommodating. The last time I stayed, I arrived in DC earlier than I expected, but I was able to check in early, leave my bags there and head out.

If you're headed to DC, the Avenue Suites is surely a place you would want to consider.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kenneth E
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Kenneth E,

It means the world to us to read your detailed response about your multiple visits to your "home away from home," the Avenue Suites. On behalf of all of us here, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with all of the TripAdvisor travelers all over the world. I am so glad that I got the chance to meet you during check-in during this visit and look forward to working with you directly in the future. Going forward, please call me directly at 202-464-5609 so I can make your reservations for you and oversee your visits from start to finish.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.