WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #5 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
London, United Kingdom
“My 2nd home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have come to think of Avenue Suites, as my 2nd home, when I have to be in DC with work. Rooms are spacious and well equipped. Staff and friendly and welcoming, there is such a relaxed and comfortable vibe, as soon as you step inside. Great location, close to supermarket, and some good restaurants, although the small plates are great for a post work snack,at A Bar, if you are too lazy to cook. I was there during the hurricane and it withstood the fierce winds! I will be back. Thanks to Mitch and the team for taking great care of me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Kelly W,

There is no phrase we like hearing more than "my second home!" Thank you so much for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor public and becoming one of our Avenue Suites regulars. While I love our reservations staff, please continue to go through me directly for all future visits so I can ensure all stays are flawless. I have shared your comments with the rest of the staff so they know how appreciaitive you are of their efforts.

I look forward to seeing you again in a few weeks.

Mitchell Turow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Was here in Oct/Nov during the hurricane. Good place to be when you are hiding out from the hurricane. Convenient and close to places to eat and buy supplies. Rooms are large and give you a great feeling of space and comfort. We had a conference there and used the small hotel conference venue because of the weather. Despite the staff shortage the staff there managed very well and eventually overcame all of the technical/logistical hiccups we had. Kitchen was lacking a few things and others in a group had the same complaint. All in all a very good place to stay in DC and good value I think compared to other places.

Room Tip: I have always had a back facing room they are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
BigBrownBear64,
On behalf of all of us here at the Avenue Suites, thank you so much for taking the time to talk about your experience with us during your recent visit. Most importantly, we are happy that you got home safetly from Hurricane Sandy and we were able to keep you dry while the storm was happening. While we are elated that your time with us was positive, I would like to have some time to speak with you and discuss the concerns on the kitchen items so we can fix the issue right away. I have put my office phone number below so that we can have a conversation and I can formally invite you and your group back to the Avenue Suites the next time you are in Washington DC.

I look forward to working with you in the future.

Phone: 202-464-5609
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Avenue Suites has become my 'go-to' place to stay when I am in DC on business. It is in an excellent location, and each room has more than enough space no matter how many you have in your party. The run/bike path that goes along the water is less than 1/4 mile away, and there are plenty of great restaurants to choose from nearby.

The look and 'feel' of this place is also very modern and cool. I will definitely continue to return!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Susan R
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Susan R,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and thank you for becoming one of our frequent regulars! We love nothing more than when guests consider the Avenue Suites their home away from home. We always pride ourselves on having enourmous rooms for enough space for just about anybody so thank you so much for mentioning that to the TripAdvisor world. Once again, thank you so much and we look forward to welcoming you back again in a few weeks.

Trondheim, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Staying at Avenue Suites was a pleasure. Staff was helpful. Room was clean and well equipped. Just a walking distance to Georgetown Shopping streets, and short walk to next subway.
We were staying there three of us. My wife and I with a teenage son, and all agreed that this is a place we could recommend to anyone.

Blceland,

I am so glad to hear that you got back to Norway safetly and were able to get the time to fill out a great TripAdvisor entry. It is great to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable visit to Washington DC and we were able to take part in that experience. We have been putting lots of effort into becoming the best family-friendly hotel in Washington DC and hearing your comments makes us feel great! Please let me know the next time you are in the city so I can ensure you and your family have another enjoyable visit with us to the Avenue Suites!

northern michigan, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at Avenue Suites during hurricane Sandy. It was a very nice experience. My son was able to work remotely from the room, Trader Joe's was right across the road for supplies. Most of all, the staff was very nice and helpful. The room was comfortable, even the foldout couch. The location is excellent - very close to the metro and close to downtown.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
marzmom,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor response about your stay with us during Hurricane Sandy. We are so happy to hear that you and your family got home safetly and that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. As I have said in so many reviews - we love hearing positive feedback about our hotel and location, however it is the remarks about the staff that truly make us celebrate the most. We put constant efforts into recruiting the best staff members in the city and hearing about your experiences with them reminds us the reason that we do so. I have put my e-mail address below so that you can reach out to me directly the next time you are planning to visit the area so I can meet you in person and thank you for taking the time to fill out a wonderful review.

boston ma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed at Avenue Suites for the weekend of the US Marine Corps marathon....and the weekend before Hurricane Sandy! First, the positives. The staff at the front desk couldn't have been any nicer.....everyone was extremely pleasant. The hotel is in a great location....a short walk one way into Georgetown and a short walk the other way to the Metro. The lobby and outside sitting area are gorgeous.....our room (#701) was very nice also...nothing too fancy but very nice.... The downside - the kitchen was very small, kind of run down and had VERY limited supplies....our dishwasher leaked when we ran it but we called before we headed out and it was fixed by the time we returned. The other bothersome thing was the noise....we could hear music (people next to us perhaps?) and we could also hear a lot of noise from the street. Luckily I travel with a fan to provide some white background noise so it wasn't a problem for us sleeping but I imagine it could be for others. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to others.....great value....but be prepared for the possibility of some noise from the outside.

Room Tip: Our room was in the front of the building (701) and we could hear a lot of noise from outside....but...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Greetings beachfamilyBostonMa,

I am glad to hear you got home safetly and weren't too effected by Hurricane Sandy. We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the Avenue Suites and had positive interactions with our staff. We pride ourselves on an award-winning group of employees that are here to ensure our guests are in good hands. I do apologize for some of the issues you had with regards to our in-room kitchens. Although we just went under a massive renovation which included our hotel exterior, lobby, restaurant, and guestrooms; our kitchens have essentially stayed the same. One of the goals for 2013 is to begin working on the kitchens to make them up to par with the rest of the Avenue Suites. I would like the oppurtunity to discuss the negative points in more details so please reach out to me at the contact information below at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to speaking with you soon,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

The service was lovely and the rooms were beautiful. lots of space. Great for couples And family's alike, for long or short stays. Would definitely recommend it. Outdoor area was really nice and bar was swanky. Bit of a walk to the sites but easy to find!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tlm086
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
tlm086,

I can confidently say that your review put a smile on all of our faces by saying that we cater well to both families and couples. Our main goal was to do exactly that so thank you very much for reminding us that we are headed towards our main goal. I am so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable visit to the A Bar + Kitchen which is an incredible experience for both dining and drinking. Please reach out to me directly at the e-mail address below so I may get the chance to thank you in person.

I look forward to seeing you soon,