Avenue Suites Georgetown
$97
$191
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $231/night.

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$129
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$328
$167
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$191
  • Restaurant
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$145
$134
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

$127
$116
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $166/night.

$162
$110
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

$136
$129
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $168/night.

Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$144
$125
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

1,689 results
All reviewstrader joe's across the streetfull kitchenliving roomfoggy bottom metrotrader joe swhite houseminute walkseparate kitchendining tablewhole foodspull out couchfront desk stafftwo queen bedshome away from homelocation is greatlincoln memorialm street
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at Avenue Suites during hurricane Sandy. It was a very nice experience. My son was able to work remotely from the room, Trader Joe's was right across the road for supplies. Most of all, the staff was very nice and helpful. The room was comfortable, even the foldout couch. The location is excellent - very close to the metro and close to downtown.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

marzmom,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor response about your stay with us during Hurricane Sandy. We are so happy to hear that you and your family got home safetly and that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. As I have said in so many reviews - we love hearing positive feedback about our hotel and location, however it is the remarks about the staff that truly make us celebrate the most. We put constant efforts into recruiting the best staff members in the city and hearing about your experiences with them reminds us the reason that we do so. I have put my e-mail address below so that you can reach out to me directly the next time you are planning to visit the area so I can meet you in person and thank you for taking the time to fill out a wonderful review.

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed at Avenue Suites for the weekend of the US Marine Corps marathon....and the weekend before Hurricane Sandy! First, the positives. The staff at the front desk couldn't have been any nicer.....everyone was extremely pleasant. The hotel is in a great location....a short walk one way into Georgetown and a short walk the other way to the Metro. The lobby and outside sitting area are gorgeous.....our room (#701) was very nice also...nothing too fancy but very nice.... The downside - the kitchen was very small, kind of run down and had VERY limited supplies....our dishwasher leaked when we ran it but we called before we headed out and it was fixed by the time we returned. The other bothersome thing was the noise....we could hear music (people next to us perhaps?) and we could also hear a lot of noise from the street. Luckily I travel with a fan to provide some white background noise so it wasn't a problem for us sleeping but I imagine it could be for others. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to others.....great value....but be prepared for the possibility of some noise from the outside.

Room Tip: Our room was in the front of the building (701) and we could hear a lot of noise from outside....but had a very nice view....
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Greetings beachfamilyBostonMa,

I am glad to hear you got home safetly and weren't too effected by Hurricane Sandy. We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the Avenue Suites and had positive interactions with our staff. We pride ourselves on an award-winning group of employees that are here to ensure our guests are in good hands. I do apologize for some of the issues you had with regards to our in-room kitchens. Although we just went under a massive renovation which included our hotel exterior, lobby, restaurant, and guestrooms; our kitchens have essentially stayed the same. One of the goals for 2013 is to begin working on the kitchens to make them up to par with the rest of the Avenue Suites. I would like the oppurtunity to discuss the negative points in more details so please reach out to me at the contact information below at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to speaking with you soon,

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

The service was lovely and the rooms were beautiful. lots of space. Great for couples And family's alike, for long or short stays. Would definitely recommend it. Outdoor area was really nice and bar was swanky. Bit of a walk to the sites but easy to find!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank tlm086
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

tlm086,

I can confidently say that your review put a smile on all of our faces by saying that we cater well to both families and couples. Our main goal was to do exactly that so thank you very much for reminding us that we are headed towards our main goal. I am so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable visit to the A Bar + Kitchen which is an incredible experience for both dining and drinking. Please reach out to me directly at the e-mail address below so I may get the chance to thank you in person.

I look forward to seeing you soon,

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was a wonderful place to stay and experience the excitement of Washington DC. The Avenue Suites staff did everything to make our stay a delightful experience. The friendliness and professionalism of the staff were apparent at every level of service. The location was ideal for our visit and we were extremely comfortable and well-cared for. I plan on revisit the city often and will rely on the Avenue Suites as my home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Greetings Susan J,

Nothing is sweeter to our ears than the phrase "home away from home!" We are so appreciative of you taking the time to inform other TripAdvisor members about your recent visit to the Avenue Suites. Our biggest goal is to give people the feeling of a second home and your words reminded us that we are headed in the right direction. Please allow me to be your personal contact for all future stays with us at the Avenue Suites. I have provided my e-mail address below so you can reach out to me directly.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Reviewed October 28, 2012

A friend of mine had recommended the Avenue Suites and I thought I would give it a try. It had all the things I was looking for by location and description- close to a blue line Metro stop so I could take the train in from DCA, close to Rock Creek for running, and walking distance to good restaurants and bars. First off, A Bar in the lobby has great cocktails- so no need to wander far when the afternoon cocktail calls. Big comfy couches outside on the patio made for a great end of day when walking around the City. Also a great place to meet for business and friends as the cocktails are great, the food is great for sharing and District Commons and other Georgetown restaurants are close by. In fact, Brennan at the bar made us a reservation at District Commons while we were enjoying our drinks at A Bar.
The suites are nicely appointed- nothing fancy or silly (i mean, do I really need a phone next to the toilet to feel like I am in a good hotel?) just a solid two bedroom suite with a couch and TV in one room and a comfy bed in the other. Good shades for darkening the room (a must in my book) and a nice rainfall showerhead in the bath.
They have breakfast downstairs in the morning, and had the oatmeal with sides on Day #1. Wanted to focus on work the next morning, so was able to pop across the street to Trader Joe's and get some breakfast food and eat at the dining table in my suite while working on my laptop. For a guy that's on the road three weeks a month, being able to enjoy a bowl of cereal out of a box with a carton of milk in my room is an amazing luxury.
Other stuff? Taxi stand close by made it easy to get around to farther flung places and it was just the right distance for walking down to the Federal Triangle for meetings without being too far (~0.9miles). Overall my experience at the Avenue Suites was excellent and I am so excited to have finally found my "destination hotel" for business travel to Washington, DC.

Room Tip: Rooms off of Pennsylvania Ave are probably quieter, as well as upper floors.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Mitchell T, Front Office Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Greetings Brian E,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor about your recent visit to the Avenue Suites. It is an honor to get high praise from a traveler who is on the road three weeks out of a month - that is quite a compliment! We are constantly working on new ideas for ways to improve our guest experience as a whole and feedback like yours remind us that we are going in the right direction. Please keep my contact information below so that I can meet you the next time you visit the Avenue Suites and thank you in person.

Best wishes and thanks again,