“Exquisite! Sleek! Contemporary! Artistic! Clean! And Best hotel in DC!!!!”

Avenue Suites Georgetown
Ranked #17 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The minute I walked in, I was greeted by friendly staff at the front desk. The sitting area has gorgeous architectural lounges built uniquely to accomodate anyone who wants to just sit around lounge and relax! Lounge music sets off the ambience. The rooms are gigantic! It has a seperate sitting area, bar top counters with an individual sink, fridge and microwave. The bed, pillows and sheets is to die for!!! Best sleep ever!! I didn't want to get out of the bed! The bathrooms have a standup shower with clear glass sliding doors and not to mention, the room is very clean, sleek, modern and well kept. This is the best hotel in dc and my family lives here. Every so often we love to try new hotels in our city and by far... This feels like home!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Anngelll
OpsMgrWas, Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Hello there! Thank you for your kind words about the Avenue Suites. The lounges in the front lobby are brand new from our recent renovations, our guests really seem to be enjoying them. I hope you had the opportunity to check out The A Bar during your stay for a drink or appetizer! The suites were renovated as well, providing new furniture and linens. I’m glad that you were able to enjoy the bed! Our guests find them to be very comfortable. Thanks so much for coming to the Avenue Suites, I hope you and your family come back to us soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,561)

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Large suites, big kitchen, simple breakfast. Make sure you know the price of the room for each night. I booked to arrive Sunday night and they gave me a price of about $140 - but the Monday and Tuesday were about $250.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Jeremy T
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Avenue Suites! I am sorry to hear that there was some confusion regarding your room rates. Often when a reservation is made, the average rate is provided as an overall rate, when in actuality the rates are different each night. Hopefully this was cleared up for you during your interactions with the front desk staff. I’m glad that you enjoyed the suite, we hope to see you again sometime at the Avenue Suites!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I was able to get a decent price on this hotel. We stayed four nights. I tried booking directly with the hotel, but they said they were fully booked. Expedia said otherwise, so I booked through them.
As others have said, this is a wonderful location. There is a Trader Joe's across the street. We stocked up on some food as we had a full kitchen in our suite. There is another market just down Pennsylvania, too. There are familiar places and some unique places to eat within blocks of the hotel.
The beds were comfortable, room temperature was easy to regulate and the air conditioning unit wasn't too loud. Our room had a separate sink outside the bathroom which helped with four of us sharing the room.
The free continental breakfast is light on food. Two types of cereal, plain bagels, instant oatmeal and either Granny Smith apples or bananas. They have OJ and cranberry juice cocktail in a can along with milk. If you get there earlier than I ever made it to breakfast, I heard you can get yogurt. We bought frozen waffles and breakfast burritos at Trader Joe's and ate in our room.
The staff was great. Every time we walked through the lobby, they would greet us. Housekeeping shorted us on towels one day, but delivered extras within minutes of us requesting them.
In the back of the hotel, they've created a cozy sitting area, which we took advantage of a couple of times. Other than the people smoking out there, it was very pleasant. I'm glad they made the effort to create a place to enjoy the wonderful weather we experienced.
The metro stop is an easy walk away. Everything is convenient. I'd definitely recommend and stay here again.

Room Tip: The suites have a full kitchen stocked with service for four.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kristi B
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Thank you for your nice review of the Avenue Suites! Many of our guests keep coming back due to its ideal location in Foggy Bottom. I am sorry that you didn’t find our continental breakfast to be satisfactory, I’m glad to hear that the local Trader Joe’s was able to assist in your breakfast needs. Also, thank you for the compliments regarding our front desk and housekeeping staff. I’m glad that their friendliness and efficiency added to your stay. The Avenue Suites recently went through renovations, so it is great that you were able to enjoy the new sitting area out back. Thanks again, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Since DC was our first "big city" trip, we greatly appreciated the slow paced area that this hotel is located in. There are all the familiar favorites, such as Walgreens, Subway, and Starbucks, within close walking distance. The desk staff was also extremely helpful with our planning and in making great recommendations for dining and getting around the city. The White House is a good 20 minute walk away, but the $1 bus runs right in front of the hotel door, and the metro stop (if you're up to the subway) is just a short neighborhood stroll away.

Room Tip: The queen sized beds were extremely comfy, but the pull out sofa was definately meant for a child (t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank GRandolph_12
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about the Avenue Suites! You are correct in saying that it is located in a more “slow paced” area. This helps to provide a quiet environment for our guests, yet there is easy access to many stores, restaurants, and sites. Also, thank you for recognizing our desk staff, I’m glad they were able to offer some local recommendations for you! Keep us in mind for your next visit to Washington, DC!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

My daughter and I visited D.C. this past May and stayed at the Avenue Suites - we had an exceptional experience. The staff was always friendly and greeted us as we came and went. The location was excellent, we were able to walk a couple blocks to the metro every day and enjoyed the nearby restaurants in Georgetown. The hotel was clean and quiet. I would definitely stay there again!

3  Thank Christine H
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

We are glad to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed the Avenue Suites! We pride ourselves on our friendly staff, and the location of the hotel is perfect with its proximity to the Metro stop, tourist sites, and the shops and restaurants of Georgetown. It is great that you were able to take advantage of all we have to offer. We look forward to your return at the Avenue Suites!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

It feels like coming home every day. Perfect location - just blocks from the Metro and from Georgetown. Bikes for rent across the street. Very friendly staff. Full kitchen and spacious rooms. Whole Foods at the Metro stop, Trader Joe's across the street, restaurants just a quick walk away. NO need for a car. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Glad we had room to back. With hospital just two blocks away Pennsylvania is very busy.
2  Thank khacmac
OpsMgrWas, Manager at Avenue Suites Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We are thrilled you felt so at home while staying at The Avenue Suites as well as finding our staff oh so very friendly! Mission Accomplished! You are absolutely right in that having a car in Washington DC is not ideal especially when the metro is only 3 blocks away from the Avenue. We hope you visit us again the next time you are in Washington DC.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was at this hotel for the memorial weekend with my family and we loved it. I was traveling with my autistic son and got to the hotel way before check in time on Saturday morning and they totally accommodated me to get into a room before check in time so my son could unwind a bit before we started our day. The staff was great and always helpful and friendly. The rooms were very clean and plenty of room in them.Even though you have a full kitchen they offer a very nice continental breakfast.The hotel is right in the middle of everything. Just missing a pool but otherwise very satisfied. Will definitely stay her again.

1  Thank dontino

We are honored you chose us as your place to stay during a time of remembering the men and women who gave their lives while serving in the United States Armed Forces. It brings us joy that we were able to accommodate you so well during your stay by being able to offer your family an early check in. We are overjoyed you’ve decided to return to us during your next stay at Avenue Suites.