I stayed here with my 2 boys to see a couple of Nationals games; used my PC points. Based on prior reviews I wasn't sure what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised. Check in was very easy and the front desk staff were very pleasant. My spin at the wheel was didn't win me anything, but they gave me free parking anyway which was appreciated. The room was a nice size and very clean. The breakfast area is better than most with many tables and couches. Breakfast was typical HIE fare; lots of choices and very good for me. I was told at check in that they also had a dinner thing, but we didn't do that because we were at the baseball games.
They had a outdoor patio behind the hotel that is accessible from the breakfast area for outdoor seating if you like. There is also a basketball net setup next to the patio where they blocked off some parking spots. They had basketballs at the front desk and me and my boys enjoyed that.
It is true that the hotel is a little out of the way if you are planning to see the sights. They do have a shuttle that runs to union station, but we didn't use it because it doesn't run often enough or late enough to see a night game, so I knocked 1 star off for the weak shuttle service. Otherwise this is a very nice hotel, and for the overall value I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites of Northeast Washington is near many top attractions. Visitors enjoy a full American breakfast buffet included in the rate, on site parking at a reasonable cost. Union Station and Metro are within 2 miles, giving travelers easy access to our hotel. Our complimentary shuttle will take you at pre-set times to Union Station, from there you can see all the major attractions, museums and get to your meeting quickly too. Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA)is less than 10 miles away. Visitors can immerse themselves in history while visiting the 19 museums of the Smithsonian Institute or popular, downtown Washington, DC memorials. In addition, our 900 square feet of meeting space and a 24-hour business center can help you host a conference during your stay. Our hotel rooms overlooking DC offer entertainment for the whole family with free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access in every room. Unwind anytime in the 24-hour fitness center, indoor heated pool or whirlpool. For a complimentary hot breakfast and a convenient stay, choose this Washington, DC hotel. The close proximity of our Washington, DC hotel to the US Capitol, local businesses and government offices makes the commute easy for business travelers. You'll find the Washington Times, the FBI and both Georgetown and George Washington universities within just five miles of our hotel in Washington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Washington Dc-Northeast
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn