Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast
Ranked #113 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I Stayed at Holiday Inn Express Bladensburg a couple months ago and overall its not bad. I was comfortable. One problem I guess I can say is I assuming they offered smoking rooms but were they on the same floor? being that I use to smoke I try not to smell it but i can bare it. It just seemed that when you got off the elevator you could smell strongly down the other half of hallway. Staff was friendly and helpful. Monique and another gentleman can't remember his name were great and very professional and those guys were extremely busy. I believe they were affiliated with a hotel behind them so phones were ringing non-stop but they still went over the top when Im sure it was overwhelming. Breakfast wasn't that great at all so i stuck to juice. Free shuttle to Union Station actually was great when i left wish i knew that before arriving, could have avoided a cab ride which are not the greatest thing in DC. If I ever needed to stay again I would just not my first pick.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Sarah G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear D M; I would like to personally thank you for taking time to let us know what you enjoyed and did not enjoy during your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Washington DC. We do have a strict 100% no smoking policy in the guestrooms and the entire hotel. Unfortunately we cannot monitor every room we would hope that other guests would be courteous to that policy and use the designated smoking area outside and apologize that you had that negative experience. We do take all feed back to heart and this will help us to continue to focus on improving. We do hope that you will return again. Please do not hesitate to call us directly if you have any questions about future stays.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I just came back from a 1 weekend stay and I must say I haven't seen service this good in a while. The persons on site are darlings all of them. Breakfast is abundant for a fast starter and took me by surprise. Forget the continental style this has all the works. Shuttle from 9 to 12 and 18 to 23, on the hour. Gym needs work, some equipment needs repair, pool and Spa are fine. I'd recommend this hotel to my friends.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sparepart

Dear Ricardo; On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We will certainly do our best to make the necessary repairs to the fitness equipment and greatly appreciate you letting us know that a few pieces were in need of attention. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your entire stay and appreciate the feedback you offered. We look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Great location.....rooms are spacious and extremely clean and comfortable. The front desk staff, especially Schlema Gipson was VERY helpful, even suggesting great places to go for dinner. The shuttle to downtown DC worked well. The indoor pool is a plus and the breakfast is a typical good HI Express breakfast.

Room Tip: I had a Queen suite on the 4th floor which was great!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Sarah G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear say24hey; On behalf of the entire team at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, we would like to thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience while staying with us and we were very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our employees are our guests first impressions and we appreciate the compliment about Schlema and will certainly let her know you were singing her praises. We look forward to having you return for a future stay.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Room was okay and staff was very friendly. Breakfast food was terrible. Worst was the $15 + tax for parking. It was a regular hotel parking lot and not in a great area, so this is clearly just a way to make the hotel get listed closer to the top of searches for those concerned about price. I can deal with minor hotel issues, but I can't deal with being misled and over-charged!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike R
Laurie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear Mike,
Thank you for your review and Thank you for staying here at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC recently. I am truely sorrry that you did not enjoy the breakfast and were not "wowed" with us nor the location during your stay. It is disapoiting to me that we somehow let a guest down and did not provide a great guest experience as my goal is such and we strive to provide service beyond expecations along with a great product and location. Please do contact me if I can learn more details from you and assist you I would greatly appreciate that. Thank you, Laurie Donovan, General Manager

Reviewed August 7, 2012

The place seems new, the area is a bit busy and a car is a plus in the area. There is a fee for parking per day, around $15. The rooms were nice and if you do get an upgrade the suites are large with a couch and two tv's flat screen. The pool was freezing cold and the hot tub looked ok, we didn't use these, we were told by a maintenance man that we could use the facilities next door I believe it was the Fairfield Inn by Marriott. The pool was small but really warm and the hot tub was almost unbearably HOT which was fine with us, and the area was never crowded. The breakfast was good and varied and complimentary. They even kept it going after stated hours due to the high volume of guests. We forgot a good pillow of ours on the bed and called about it and the AMAZING front desk lady I believe her name was Tiara was AWESOME, we had it the next afternoon via UPS which was fantastic and my husband is once again reunited and snoring on it as review,is being written.
The whole experience was really wonderful all except the little glitch of head housekeeping who showed up with a clipboard knocking on our door at intervals after 11:45 asking if we were leaving, although we had late checkout at 2 so we felt forced to leave early. This happened to our friends in another room also. Understandably the cleaning woman with her must've wanted to be done and go home, but.....meanwhile management had no issues with us staying and never rushed us.
KFC was across the street which was busy but negotiable. There is a gas station with emergency snacks etc in parking lot a short walk away. BTW the hotel lobby has some light fare such as ice cream and frozen dinners and beer for a price $$$ . Don't look for beer at gas stations in DC and late Sunday. All in all nice experience and good people.

Room Tip: Become a priority club member and get a complimentary upgrade to a suite if available.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarah G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our team takes great pride in our hotels and both the Holiday Inn and Fairfield Inn are 4 years young (opened in 2008). We will ask maintenance to please look into the pool temperature and have that fixed as quickly as possible, its great that you were able to enjoy the amenites at both properties. Our apologies that the housekeeping staff came to your door early, even though you requested a late check out., we did not mean to make you feel rushed. We appreciate the compliments about our hotel and the staff and will pass them along to the staff members mentioned. Please come back and see us again next time your travels bring you to DC.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

The neighborhood doesn't look all that great but this hotel and the one next to it (forgot the name) are very nice looking and kept up. Everyone that we came in contact with was pleasant. I didn't take the shuttle because we had a rental car but it didn't take long to get to downtown. Slightly difficult to get in and out of because the way the streets are laid out. You get out on the main street and you can't turn left towards downtown so you have to go the other way up the hill and over a few streets. Check your GPS before leaving the property.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Five_Aces_Tx

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I just stayed at this hotel for business. I had meetings near The Mint building and this hotel is not the best place if you are traveling for business. Let me discuss the good parts of this hotel. The staff was very friendly and they were good hosts. The room was spacious and clean. The workout room was nice sized and the mounted TV's were good quality. The pool area was very clean and although I did not swim I watched other adults swim while I was working out. FYI- there is a glass wall between the workout room and the pool area. The main breakfast/sitting area was clean and nice. The breakfast was the typical standard HIE that is at all locations.
The bad parts of this property are that it is located a bit of a drive outside of all of the comings/goings. In addition, it is not near any Metro pickup so taking the subway 1st thing in the morning is not an option. The hotel, however, does provide a morning shuttle bus that takes you to Union Square. From Union Square, you can get on the Metro and ride anywhere. The guys driving the shuttle bus were very friendly and helpful. I asked them all about the subway and places of interest and they were more than happy to help me out find my way around town. The down side is the shuttle ride is about 1/2 an hour and finding the pickup is a bit of a challenge.
Overall, I'm not sure I would stay here again for business as this location requires me to be up and out the door early to get the shuttle and then to get to the Metro so I can get to my meetings.
If I were traveling for pleasure, this would be a nice option as it wouldn't matter if I took the later shuttle to Union Square. Another point to notice is the shuttle stops running at Noon and doesn't start again until 5:15pm.

Room Tip: Make sure to purchase the credit card for the Metro and not just the 1-pass paper card. The paper c...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank kentgrad
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

On behalf of the staff and management, we want thank you for taking the time to write a review and for staying at our hotel while in DC on business. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had in getting back and forth to Metro from our hotel. Since the hotel is located 2 miles from Metro and Union Station, putting us just on the outskirts of town, unexpected city traffic can delay our shuttle from time to time and we do our best to prepare for that. We are pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback and compliments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington DC
Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue
Fairfield Inn & Suites Washingto...
#117 of 142 in Washington DC
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway
Quality Inn & Suites New York Avenue
Quality Inn & Suites New York Av...
#129 of 142 in Washington DC
Homewood Suites by Hilton Washington DC NoMa Union Station
Homewood Suites by Hilton Washin...
#67 of 142 in Washington DC
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol
#82 of 142 in Washington DC
Hyatt Place Washington, DC / US Capitol

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast? Share your experiences!