“Nice Surprise to Find a Chef Driven Restaurant Inside a Holton Garden Inn”
Review of Todd Gray's Watershed - CLOSED

Todd Gray's Watershed
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: A commitment to fresh, flavorful, seasonal American with a unique concept of time-honored Regional seafood specialties. Chef Gray's culinary focus will be on the coastal regions from Maine to Florida.
Reviewed February 29, 2012

A delicious drive down the Eastern Seaboard is the theme of this fish-centric restaurant. Terrific shrimp and grits, gourmet mac and cheese, awesome hush puppies. Can't wait to try the crab cake sandwich at lunch.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Loved the food and Atmosphere. Bar was great good date place. We ordered the shrimp mac and cheese as an appetizer.. .some of the best I have had and I LOVE mac and cheese. I ordered the Shrimp and grits also one of my fav's and it was amazing. We had the chocolate pecan pie with pecan ice cream also very delicious. Portions were just enough and prices matched the quality of the food. Service was not excellent but I can say it was very good.
Again the atmosphere itself is great for a couples retreat or date night. Menu was different and catered to all from meat lover's to vegans. Cocktail/Wine selection also excellent.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

We went to this 8 month old restaurant this evening as we just heard about it from some friends who said the food was good. I had the Restaurant Week menu (cabbage rolls, Amish lamb and roast potates, Valrona french dark chocolate tart) and was quite pleased. We had reservations through Open Table so we got the seat (quiet spot) that we like. Maitre d's (2 of them?) were friendlly as was the waiter, but all a bit disorganized. Waiter didn't bring bread until we asked for it (and they were delish sweet warm rolls but with salty Italian olive oil). Hubster had none-restaurant week catfish sandwich and couldnt find the avocado in it! Generally food is good, and this seems like a restaurant that is still finding its feet.. Atmosphere is a bit cold and dark but trendy colors and shapes. Bar looked interesting....

Reviewed September 20, 2011

My husband and I visited the bar at Todd Gray's on Sunday around 5pm for drinks because we were staying at the hotel. The outdoor patio looked lovely, but we were less interested in their outdoor clambake and more interested in watching the football game inside.

The bar area is small but nice, with some sofas and tables as well. The decor is chic and the atmosphere is a bit more upscale, yet not too fancy that we felt uncomfortable in casual clothing. They had two bartenders working and the one who took care of us was excellent. I tried their U Line cocktail and enjoyed it so much that I ordered a second. Their cocktail menu had some great, unique choices and it was a tough decision! We also nibbled on an order of french fries. They were perfectly seasoned and a good choice for noshing.

Be aware, this is DC so you will pay DC prices. But the quality of our food and drinks was good, the atmosphere was nice (though it's not the best choice for watching a game, as they have only one TV), and the service was perfect. We would definitely go back for drinks again.

1  Thank IceGurlie
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The hotel setting is a little weird...it certainly feels like hotel dining, but the foods is pretty good once you get past the "front desk". We sat outside, which was nice...but come winter I'm not sure what they will do, as the dining room inside is tight, small and pretty loud. The food was good though and the dessert was phenomenal. Prices were pretty typical "DC".