3,276 results
All reviews white house grist mill great location metro station directly across the street within walking distance national mall few blocks street noise blue line would stay here again breakfast buffet indoor pool restaurant staff front desk staff smithsonian museums sight seeing
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Spent the weekend here for the huge rally. Just what we needed. Location location location.. very close to where you want to go. Rooms are clean, decent sized. Always someone there at the front desk. Has a bar for drinks. Food during certain hours. We asked for a quiet room and was not disappointed.. though I wished I asked for a view as well since I just stared at the other side of the hotel walls/windows but that's my fault. Bed was ok. We have a really good one at home so it's hard to compare. No complaints. Price was a little steep compared to what I'm reading of other folks that got some good deals but all in all it is very reasonably priced compared to other hotels in the vicinty.

Reviewed November 1, 2010

Review listed below but location was excellent! Right across the street from McPherson Square metro on the blue and orange lines for easy access to the starting point for the Marine Corps Marathon. Hotel is also a mile from the National Mall and all the downtown highilights of D.C. Has great restaurants and of course 2 starbucks nearby......

Review of hotel itself:
Reception staff seemed friendly and helpful. Lobby seems cozy with bar and "American Grill Restaurant" off to the side of the hotel. Food was very good.

Room:
Quit and roomy. Free wifi along with in room refrigerator and microwave. Large LCD TV with cable. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was clean and adequate. I guess your average hotel room. Felt clean which is always a good feeling. Only negative say about the room was the AC/Heating of the room. Fan was noisy and at a set temperature it would cold one minute and hot the next.

We would stay here again given it's location and again great for the Marine Corps Marathon:

Tips for the Marathon:
Also consider Rosslyn hotels since finish line is there.
Expect big crowds on the metro but this is 30K people!

Restaurants:
Ate at Old Ebbits a block down the road on 15th. Great foot and ambience.

Reviewed October 31, 2010

I booked a suite at Hilton Hotel for two days. I am my colleague were in DC for a conference. The rooms were impeccable and the view form the balcony was wonderful facing the D.C. skyline. The room service was good and efficient. They changed the towels and soaps every days along with sheets and brought in bed breakfast. I recommend this hotel, if you want to include sightseeing with your business and want to relax in the evenings.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2010

My wife and I booked a last minute weekend getaway to DC this past weekend. We stayed Friday and Saturday Night in a King Size Suite. Even booking last minute we felt the rate of $179 was an excellent value. Parking valet is steep at $35 a night but the rate is the same at all the hotels in downtown DC. We parked and never took it out. The metro line accross the street is pretty much the best way to get around.
The room was very nice and incredibly spacious. The suite had a very comfortable king size bed, sitting area, coffee area, 2 nice flat screen tv's and work space. Room was very clean. Bathroom was no frills but very clean as well. The only downside of the room was that there was no view to speak of. There was just one window overlooking some ventilation equipment. The A/C was a bit on the loud side but it kept the room cool and did not interefere in our sleep. The hotel breakfast was worth the money and the cookies in the lobby area in the evening are great. Staff was very helpul with local suggestions and check in/out couldn't have been quicker.
The location is terrific. A few blocks from the white house and about a 10 minute walk to the national mall and all the other monuments and memorials. We did a city tour with dc tours that picked us up at the hotel and did an 8 hour tour of all that you want to see. I highly reccomend going that route. There are lots of restaurants in the area however most are a bit pricey. We found a ten minute walk got you to areas with many many more options.
All in all I think this hotel is perfect for a weekend getaway. Its not the ritz but its very clean and comfortable. We will definitely return on our future travels to DC

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovetotravel1106
Reviewed October 25, 2010

The hotel is very close to the White House, Smithsonian and monuments of Washington, DC. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We all (spouse, two friends and myself) very much enjoyed the restaurant. The buffet breakfast was an excellent deal and the service was always tops. Our evening drinks and dinner were equally enjoyable, especially the waitstaff. Our thanks to everyone at the hotel for making our weekend trip a delightful time.