Although this Hilton sits in an ideal spot bang in the middle of Washington, my review isn't going to make you instantly want to stay here.
The good points......
• Location is perfect, across from Metro stop and less than 10mins walk to White House
• Lobby is nice with free internet room for guests
• Superb breakfast
• Room walls are well soundproofed
The bad points......
• Free Coffee service in lobby stops after breakfast!!!
• Pool is tiny, with kids in it there's no room for adults
• Annoying fruit flies buzzing around the breakfast room
• Room very dark, poor/bad placed lighting
• Climate control air con machine is big annoyance
• Bathroom old fashioned, shower fixing broken
• Beds are way too hard, and duvet full of dust
So, there are too many issues here. I have to say I felt the staff were hardly welcoming or helpful too. This is probably due to the hotel being geared towards the business sector - but for me, it falls midway between tourist and business, and somehow falls short of my high Hilton expectations.
So no return for me then.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington, Dc Downtown Hotel Washington Dc
- Hilton Washington Dc