“Great room for the price!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown

Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown
Ranked #57 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Southern Pines, North Carolina
“Great room for the price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed here last May when I was 32 weeks pregnant for our 10th wedding anniversary. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was small, but clean and comfortable. The hotel is in a great location! I got the room on sale at a great price - I'd stay there again for the same rate! Breakfast was not worth the price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank GBE_in_NC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Scotia, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Great hotel. Would definitely recommend! Excellent location. Within walking distance to the Washington Mall and all the famous sites of the city. The hotel is clean, quiet with plenty of amenities. It's great for couples, families and business travel. Good value for your $. Will stay again when in DC.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Hattiesburg, MS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

While familiar with this line of Hilton properties, I was surprised at the excellent location and pricing for the HGI in DC. We paid less than $200 for a suite that held a king bed and sofa bed - perfect for our family of 3. The room was clean. The service was good. The breakfast (free for Gold/Diamond) was a great way to start a day of touring. If you are looking for a clean room in a good location, this is a the place to stay - not luxurious but fairly priced in an area of expensive properties.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank headdocs
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

This is a little dated (1 month, but I wanted to publish it before it got any older. We had a great experience in DC and the concierge (Jonathan) at the Hilton Garden Inn (815 14th Street N.W.) gets the credit. I wanted to make sure he got kudos for his help. We visited DC for a long weekend). It was my wife’s first trip to DC and my first trip for pleasure. I’d walked the Mall, but little else. We did a little prep work and gotten some restaurant recommendations from friends. My wife was weeks away from having back surgery and we weren’t able to do much walking, but wanted to try and get this trip in.

We arrived in the morning, checked into the hotel, and took a cab to the Capital Building for a pre-arranged tour. We scouted out the “hop on hop off” buses and the pedicycles, but they just didn’t seem to offer the kind of tour we were looking for. I travel a lot and I have never used concierge services or organized bus tours. But we didn’t have much time and I thought it was worth a try. Jonathan spent a lot of time with me and recommended On-board tours. He felt that their staff (all belonging to a guild for tour guides) made all the difference. He was right. We ended up taking two On-Board tours. The tour guides (and the bus drivers) were all characters in their own right. Each was a wealth of information and each seemed to have a genuine interest in sharing their city with their guests.

Jonathan also helped us get reservations at a restaurant I had been unable to get us into, had suggestions about the best way to avoid the lines at Georgetown Cupcakes, and the merits of Clydes for brunch (it was very good). So, many thanks to Jonathan. You made our trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Roy O
Suffolk, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

My Girl Scout troop came to Washington DC to deliver donated cookie for our Military Service Men and Women. We stayed at the Hilton for 2 nights. The room and bathroom were very clean and comfortable. Loved the coffee that was set up on another floor. I was a little disappointed there wasn't a continental breakfast, but they did have coffee and that was most important to me. My daughter and I also loved the gym. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank artgoddess1
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Excellent hotel as far as location. It is centrally located to all of the monuments, eateries, shopping, everything. The staff are very hospitable and make you feel welcome right away. Also, they remember and address you by your last name every time they see you entering or leaving during the duration of your stay!! And, the lobby is cozy, inviting, the drinks are great and the food served in the restaurant was excellent! Loved our stay here and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Chapel Hill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Although this was not my first choice of a location, I was pleasantly suprised with the hotel. The breakfast buffet included an omlette and waffle station as well as the usual breakfast foods. The public spaces are small but the rooms are full sized and very clean. Overall a very good experience. For a pleasant dinner, try the nearby Mozart Cafe, which is owned by an Austrian and serves German food.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business