3,249 results
All reviewswhite housegrist millgreat locationmetro stationdirectly across the streetwithin walking distancenational mallfew blocksstreet noiseblue linewould stay here againbreakfast buffetindoor poolrestaurant stafffront desk staffsmithsonian museumssight seeing
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We chose the Hilton Garden Inn for it's location - there is so much within walking distance, but we did metro a lot because it was November and quite cold. Which was also perfect with McPherson Station literally right across the street.

I had requested a high floor, away from the elevator... we were put on the 4th floor, sharing a wall with not only the ice and pop machines, but the elevators. We decided to stay put and it really wasn't so bad. We were in the back of the hotel so while we did escape the street noise, I was woken up by the garbage trucks in the alley in the early morning.

Every staff member we encountered was nice and accommodating, from housekeeping to the maintenance man who came up one night to fix our TV. All in all, it was a really nice stay, and I know we'd come back on our next trip.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have less street noise, but watch out for the garbage truck pickups!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephk0430
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Staff is very helpful, coin-op laundry convenient and close to downtown amenities. Housekeeping staff took good care of me, adding coffee to the room when they saw I used it. I enjoyed watching my favorite football teams with other guests in the bar. When the business center scanner was out of commission, the front desk staff helped produce a document I needed on their own equipment.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The Hotel was very nice and the staff was friendly. The only thing that I would comment on is how early the hotel lounge closes each night. Everything else was great. Rooms were nice and clean. The restaurant had very nice food.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bigu76
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was the nicest hotel I've stayed at. The room was sublime for the price especially following a trip to New York City. It was large and very nicely appointed with a fantastic adjustable bed. The location was also excellent being only a few blocks from the White House and directly across the road from a subway for easy access to the Smithsonian and all the other great Washington attractions. Apart from one snooty man at the desk this was the best hotel of my recent round the world trip. I'd stay there again without question.

Room Tip: Others have complained about street noise so I had one at the back with no view. There was a little service noise but nothing to worry about.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TokyoGeoff
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The hotel staff was prompt, professional, and courteous. Mr Eddie Bullneo was extremely helpful and courteous during my stay. My flight was delayed, canceled, and then rescheduled for late the next day because of weather conditions. Mr Bullneo agreed to let me stay in my room later the next day after I booked for a second night because I had no where else to go before my flight. I really appreciated his courtesy, empathy, and professionalism.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple