3,276 results
All reviews white house grist mill great location metro station directly across the street within walking distance national mall few blocks street noise blue line would stay here again breakfast buffet indoor pool restaurant staff front desk staff smithsonian museums sight seeing
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Staff is very helpful, coin-op laundry convenient and close to downtown amenities. Housekeeping staff took good care of me, adding coffee to the room when they saw I used it. I enjoyed watching my favorite football teams with other guests in the bar. When the business center scanner was out of commission, the front desk staff helped produce a document I needed on their own equipment.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The Hotel was very nice and the staff was friendly. The only thing that I would comment on is how early the hotel lounge closes each night. Everything else was great. Rooms were nice and clean. The restaurant had very nice food.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bigu76
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was the nicest hotel I've stayed at. The room was sublime for the price especially following a trip to New York City. It was large and very nicely appointed with a fantastic adjustable bed. The location was also excellent being only a few blocks from the White House and directly across the road from a subway for easy access to the Smithsonian and all the other great Washington attractions. Apart from one snooty man at the desk this was the best hotel of my recent round the world trip. I'd stay there again without question.

Room Tip: Others have complained about street noise so I had one at the back with no view. There was a little service noise but nothing to worry about.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TokyoGeoff
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The hotel staff was prompt, professional, and courteous. Mr Eddie Bullneo was extremely helpful and courteous during my stay. My flight was delayed, canceled, and then rescheduled for late the next day because of weather conditions. Mr Bullneo agreed to let me stay in my room later the next day after I booked for a second night because I had no where else to go before my flight. I really appreciated his courtesy, empathy, and professionalism.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Levi L
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Very well located to many attractions, very close to subway. Hotel is clean and well maintained. Room has microwave, fridge, Keurig, room service available.
Two things I didnt' like:
1. HVAC is the old style unit under the window. It blows cold air first before heated air kicks in a couple of minutes later. Since the volume of air is high (cubic feet per minute), this means that there a big draft of cold air blowing on the desk chair and somewhat on the closest bed.
2. Internet connection: very slow and erratic connection. I had to use my own wifi hotspot.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business