3,254 results
All reviewswhite housegrist millgreat locationmetro stationdirectly across the streetwithin walking distancenational mallfew blocksstreet noiseblue linewould stay here againbreakfast buffetindoor poolrestaurant stafffront desk staffsmithsonian museumssight seeing
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was the nicest hotel I've stayed at. The room was sublime for the price especially following a trip to New York City. It was large and very nicely appointed with a fantastic adjustable bed. The location was also excellent being only a few blocks from the White House and directly across the road from a subway for easy access to the Smithsonian and all the other great Washington attractions. Apart from one snooty man at the desk this was the best hotel of my recent round the world trip. I'd stay there again without question.

Room Tip: Others have complained about street noise so I had one at the back with no view. There was a little service noise but nothing to worry about.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TokyoGeoff
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The hotel staff was prompt, professional, and courteous. Mr Eddie Bullneo was extremely helpful and courteous during my stay. My flight was delayed, canceled, and then rescheduled for late the next day because of weather conditions. Mr Bullneo agreed to let me stay in my room later the next day after I booked for a second night because I had no where else to go before my flight. I really appreciated his courtesy, empathy, and professionalism.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Levi L
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Very well located to many attractions, very close to subway. Hotel is clean and well maintained. Room has microwave, fridge, Keurig, room service available.
Two things I didnt' like:
1. HVAC is the old style unit under the window. It blows cold air first before heated air kicks in a couple of minutes later. Since the volume of air is high (cubic feet per minute), this means that there a big draft of cold air blowing on the desk chair and somewhat on the closest bed.
2. Internet connection: very slow and erratic connection. I had to use my own wifi hotspot.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is my go to hotel, when stay in D.C. I stayed here in July, and 2 different occasions in November. There is great service from the staff from time I enter the hotel until I leave. The rooms are always clean & comfortable. The restaurant at this hotel, The Grist Mill is wonderful and the food is always great with several wonderful choices. The subway is just across the street, and the White House is just a walk away. What really impressed me is that the staff remembered me. Also I love the selection of lemon or orange flavored water in the lobby. My recent stay was on Thanksgiving and the Thanksgiving dinner was great, along with the price. No complaints here. I'm a Photographer and I cover a few events at the White House, so yes this hotel offers a convenient location & great amenities. I would recommend this Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in October for 4 nights. The hotel itself is beautiful with very friendly staff. The rooms are newly renovated and are so comfortable we loved spending time in them. The beds are so comfortable!

The location is perfect in DC. Right across from the subway and within walking distance to many great restaurants.

Overall a great stay. Can't wait to come back.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends