“Great location and great staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Washington Convention Center

Courtyard Washington Convention Center
Ranked #35 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great location and great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

My family and I were recently guests at your hotel in DC (March, 2014). The purpose of the trip was for sightseeing and we saw almost everything we planned.
I just wanted to drop you a quick message about how great the hotel was. The room was very comfortable, and the location was terrific. All the employees in the hotel that we dealt with were very friendly and quite helpful, from the moment we checked in, starting with the concierge. We also greatly appreciated the note from the general manager that we received upon check-in telling us to let him know if there were any problems. More hotels should do this-it takes only a small amount of effort, but as guests, it was greatly appreciated.
Whenever we return to DC, I would certainly look to stay at your hotel again.
Of course, we will definitely recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank D L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed here with our grandson. Near everything you'd want for family visit. Room refrigerator without minibar was handy. Staff was very helpful. Hotel should provide better directions from Metro, and better street signage.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MajorNYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

In town for a conference - Renaissance did not have availability for all of my dates and they recommended this one. The building is a remodeled old bank with marble bannisters and beautiful tray ceilings. Arrived Thursday afternoon during rush hour and our first impression was provided by the valet. He saw us pause on the street - no place to park, of course, and also no place to pull out of the way. He motioned to us to stay put and had someone move a car that I assume had just checked in so that we could move out of the travel lane. We were immediately greeted by this man and a bellman, bags quickly unloaded and brought in out of the cold. Both men were efficient, courteous and friendly. Check in was quick and easy and we were escorted to our room right away with our luggage. Room was large and comfortable and very clean. The shower enclosure is 100% glass and was absolutely spotless - I can't even get my bathroom mirrors completely spotless and that's only one side :) Location is across the street from the national portrait museum and spy musium, close to the mall, a block or so away from the FBI building and only a few blocks (short walk - felt completely safe) to the convention center where my conference was being held. Foodie paradise - lots of great places to eat within a block in any direction, from paninis and pizza to fine dining and lots in between. The cafe serves starbucks chai latte, which wins lots of points from me, and also had a good variety of quick breakfast choices. There is a gym, but looks are deceiving. What you can see from the entry is not everything there is - another room has the majority of equipment. Staff was extremely freindly and helpful, and anyone who had met us during our stay called us by name every time we saw them. Bellmen were very knowledgeable about the area and more than happy to make recommendations. Our first night there was very cold and we didn't want to drive anywhere or go outside, so we went to the restaurant that shares the building with the hotel. A beautiful glass and brass sliding door connects the entry of the hotel with a back entrance to the restaurant. It was crowded, but we found two seats at the bar right next to the connecting door and were greeted immediately. We tried samples of the day's craft beer, which was delightful. I don't really like beer much, but this was good, so we ordered two glasses. The glasses were huge and I couldn't finish quite half. My husband did a little better, but still only drank about 2/3. Real beer drinkers probably would have no problem. Food was wonderful - garlic shrimp for my hubby and bourbon salmon for me. When we were finished, we were escorted back through the beautiful siding door right back to the lobby. Each day as I left for the convention center I was greeted by the person manning the front door, and then greeted again upon my return. Check out was fast and efficient - bellman was in our room even before the car was brought around. Bellman let us know that there was a marathon that day and directed us to the interstate so we could avoid closed roads that our navigation system would not be aware of. Start to finish a wonderful stay. Next time we go to DC, this will be our temporary home.

Room Tip: If you enjoy people-watching from your window, choose a room with a street view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ibbio
Jupiter
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Conveniently located, very comfortable and excellent customer service. Small fridge in room, variety of cable TV channels available. I did not take advantage of any of the food service available. Especially like the "security" - need room key card to activate your floor on the elevator.

Room Tip: Room 703 - I would request this room again. It has 2 huge arched windows overlooking a nice view of...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Leonardtown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

This hotel was fantastic. From the valet service, check-in and the room. The hotel is so convenient to D.C. sights, including Verizon Center. It was easy to get to and leave the city. I would recommend this hotel.
Hotel Entrance / Lobby is fantastic. Has great architectural detail.

Room Tip: We got an "interior" room, which was facing other rooms. If I were to travel to D.C. agai...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

The Courtyard is a very nice hotel. It is clean and friendly! It's valet parking only which is just an added bonus. The resturant inside serves really good food it's just super pricey, that would be my only complaint. The rooms are really nice and the beds are comfortable. All in all a wonderful place to stay in DC and it's close to attractions.

• Stayed March 2014
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time in DC and could not have picked a better hotel. The check-in process was fast and easy and had a very pleasant letter waiting for me from hotel management. I'm not sure if this is done for everyone but a very nice touch and personable. The room was a great size, comfortable bed, and water pressure. The breakfast down stairs was good but we only had it one day and a bit pricey but I understood we were DC. There many other options near the hotel for breakfast. The hotel was located close to many shops restaurants and near all the landmarks. The metro was 3 blocks away from the hotel and the service was top notch! There is really nothing bad I can say about this hotel. I had great experience.

Stayed March 2014