“Great hotel!”

Courtyard Washington Convention Center
Ranked #46 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time in DC and could not have picked a better hotel. The check-in process was fast and easy and had a very pleasant letter waiting for me from hotel management. I'm not sure if this is done for everyone but a very nice touch and personable. The room was a great size, comfortable bed, and water pressure. The breakfast down stairs was good but we only had it one day and a bit pricey but I understood we were DC. There many other options near the hotel for breakfast. The hotel was located close to many shops restaurants and near all the landmarks. The metro was 3 blocks away from the hotel and the service was top notch! There is really nothing bad I can say about this hotel. I had great experience.

Stayed: March 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is best staff we've encountered. Location is superb. Value is exceptional. It was a great weekend with kids. We plan to go back as soon as possible. I would confidently reccomend this hotel to any family or friends.

• Stayed: March 2014
Zaw O, Hotel Operations Manager at Courtyard Washington Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear SSBelch,

Thank you so much for staying at Courtyard Convention Washington DC; and for taking your time to write this great review about our property. It was a pleasure having you here as our guest. I am very happy to learn that our staff, location and value, all around have exceeded your expectations. Thank you again and I will look forward to welcome you back to the Hotel.

Warm regards,

Zaw Oo
Hotel Operations Manager

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was very pleased when we arrived to the hotel. It was a renovated bank building and still had many if the old pieces such as the vault locking mechanism. The check in was flawless and the doormen were wonderful. Glenn was he best, everything to bringing us his favorite brand of tea after seeing us with 4 large sweet teas from McDonalds, which is right around the corner. While I was at work, he made sure that my wife wouldn't get lost in the big city and gave us so many great recommendation for the night life and good eats. The room was very comfortable albeit a view of a few homeless that seem to be everywhere. There was a big column in the middle of the room which was strange, but the bed was comfortable and the shower was hot and had great pressure. There was free internet and a comfortable desk to do my work. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Brian K

Dear Mr. Brian K,

Thank you so much for staying at Courtyard Convention Center Washington DC; and for taking your time to write this wonderful review about our property. We work very hard each day to deliver memorable experiences to our guests; and comments like yours serve us in measuring our effectiveness.

I am also very happy to hear about Glenn's exceptional service to you and your family. Glenn is very grateful for your kind review. Thank you again for staying at our Hotel and we will look forward to welcome you back in a near future.

Warm Regards,

Zaw Oo
Hotel Operations Manager

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I never stayed in a Marriott hotel - this was just average and I may choose other than Marriott group in future. They seem to put a name to some locally run place for business profit. For the price paid, this was just average and nothing to remember positively. There is no breakfast arrangement except for a small pay and eat outlet in the basement(which itself is so poor for one used a decent hotel buffet breakfast). An advantage is its location close to many sight seeing points. The lobby is tiny and worse than some 1-2 star hotels. Unless your aim is Verizon Centre nearby, I do not see much value in staying here.

Room Tip: For breakfast with variety and at a reasonable price, step out of the hotel and walk a few blocks fo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Zaw O, Hotel Operations Manager at Courtyard Washington Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you so much for staying at Courtyard Convention Center; and for taking your time to write this review about our property. Our goals is to deliver a memorable service to each and everyone of our guests; and from the look of your review, we fell short of our goals in exceeding your expectation. Please allow me to extend my apology. I wish that you had shared your frustrations with our management team while you were in the Hotel so we could have had an opportunity to make it up for you. Thank you again for staying with us. Warm regards, Zaw.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

great experience, room was much larger than other DC hotels, very close to the convention center, great neighborhood, many restaurants and around the corner from ford's theater
Staff was very kind and helpful
Would stay there again next year

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for staying at Courtyard Convention Center Washington DC; and for taking your time to write this wonderful review about our property. I am very happy that we were able to meet all of your expectations. We work very hard each day to deliver a memorable experiences to our guests; and review like yours serve us in measuring our effectiveness. Thank you again and I will look forward to welcome you back when you are visiting DC next time. Warm regards, Zaw.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

If you are visiting the Verizon Center, as we did for the History of the Eagles Tour, this is the perfect location. The Verizon Center is a short walk - less than a quarter-mile. The service was great and I highly recommend Lincoln's Waffle House for breakfast - a tip from the bell desk.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for staying at Courtyard Convention Center; and for taking your time to write this wonderful review about our property. I am happy to learn that we have met your expectations during your stay. I will look forward to welcome you back when you are visiting DC again. Warm regards, Zaw.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We could easily take a cab home after a night at Verizon or eating at one of DC's great restaurants, but sometimes it just makes sense to stay downtown when we've had a few drinks. The Courtyard is in the perfect location. . Not sure why they say convention center, as its a few blocks to there, but the location for Verizon, Spy Museum is perfect. Its a block or two from some of DC's best dining.

The standard pillows are very firm, so ask if you want something softer. They are way too firm for my liking.

The staff is great, we stayed last night and brought a bottle of wine back to the room, The young woman at the front desk opened the bottle and then grabbed two wine glasses from Gorden Biersch for us to take to our room.

The TV's in the room aren't HD (well the TV's are, but the signal isn't) - we watched a pay per view movie after our long day of shopping and boozing. The PPV was in widescreen format and even though the TV is widescreen, the picture was stretched horizontally and still had 4" black bars on the top and bottom. Basically make the 40" TV show like a 25" TV. Anyway, you are probably not in DC to watch a movie anyway. The movie was $5 since it was an older release, a good deal - new releases are $15+

Keurig coffee in the room was good for the morning, but there is only sweet n low and sugar, if you want something else, snag it from GB on the way upstairs.

Overnight parking is steep at $38 plus tax, if you are staying on the weekend, pop into a garage for $10 or you may even get lucky at a meter - most parking in the area is 2h limit up until 6:30 and free after 10:30 - so if you check in at 4:30pm on Saturday it'll only cost you $6 to park at a meter over night - definitely read the signs though as DC is horrible about giving out tickets.

Room Tip: rooms in the middle of the hotel face each other, but are quiet and darker at night rooms on the o...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying at Courtyard Convention Center; and for taking your time to write this review thoroughly. I am happy to learn that we have met most of your expectations during your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to view your movie as meant to. I have looked into this and found that it might have been caused by that specific movie. I would like to report you that a few rooms that we tested were fine with the signals. Thank you again for staying with us and I will look forward to welcome you back next time when you are in town. Warm regards, Zaw.