“Awesome stay!”

Courtyard Washington Convention Center
Ranked #46 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Love the location, bedroom is comfortable, amenities are superior, gym and pool are clean, everything is pretty newly renovated. Walk to restaurants and downtown. Try Fuel Pizza in F Street - wings and special garlic bread is amazing. Staff always smiling! Try visit on winter, cheaper rate!
Definetly will stay again!

1  Thank travel4UOnline
Rshorter913, Operations Manager at Courtyard Washington Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and found our location ideal. We strive to exceed our guest expectations and are glad you enjoyed our hotel amenities. We are looking forward to your next visit with us.

Warm regards, Ralph Shorter Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Housed in a renovated bank building, the setting alone gives this property a notch up from the typical cookie cutter chain hotel experience. But what really sets this hotel apart, as you will see from many other reviews, is the friendly, warm, welcoming and helpful staff. From the moment we arrived until the morning we picked up our left luggage from the bellman we were meant to feel like no one could do enough to insure our stay was a pleasant experience. We are low impact travelers and independent, not generally needing much in the way of concierge, room service or front desk services, unless a problem arises. But in every instance during this 5 day stay staff went out of their way to let us know that whatever might be needed- car to airport, directions, restaurant tips, etc would be there. And it was all communicated in a genuine and friendly manner that demonstrated these folks really care about their jobs, their hotel and the well being of the customer. Refreshing in era when tip jars sit on every counter and "service" is a near forgotten term. PS Try Lincoln's Waffle House around the corner for a great diner stye breakfast at non Washington prices.

Room Tip: Higher up from the street if traffic noise is an issue. The front desk asks what your preference is...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Irv W

You can certainly "Bank on us" to deliver quality service, refreshed guestrooms and as you experience an enjoyable stay. Thank you very much for your stay and for sharing your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Be well,

Ralph Shorter

Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Staff was very friendly and helpful.

The location is awesome, just a block from a subway station and a walk from the most monuments at the National Mall.

Our reservations included a breakfast, that I recommend. It isn't the best one, but good enough to start your day without have to get off from hotel to eat something.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Guilherme B

Thank you sharing your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your visit and found our location ideal and staff so friendly and helpful. Our Bistro breakfast offerings usually are adequate and enjoyable as most of our guests will agree. I’m sorry to hear that you experience was not as delightful.

Warm regards, Ralph Shorter Operations Manager

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Following Christmas, my husband and I checked in at this hotel, hoping for a relaxing and memorable two-night getaway in our Nation's Capitol. What we got was memorable all right...

First off, I'd like to break down my rating of The Courtyard by Marriott Washington Convention Center so that it helps readers understand the overall score:

2/3 Stars -- Customer Service -- Overall, the staff was friendly but they did not go out of their way to make the stay comfortable for us. For example, the first morning that we stayed at the hotel, we woke up ridiculously early because no one (the house maid or the previous guests) had turned the alarm clock off. Disappointed, my husband and I finally fell back asleep only to wake up an hour or so later to the fire alarm going off on our floor. In a panic, we threw on our clothes and phoned the front desk to find out what was going on. No one answered. After repeated calls, the front desk assistant picked up and wasn't aware of any fire alarms. He said he'd find out what was going on and call us back. Already being in "fight or flight" mode first from the initial room alarm and now from the fire alarm, I was frustrated and exhausted. The front desk called again and said that someone (another guest perhaps?) had pulled the alarm. He apologized and hung up. I am still very disappointed that the front desk didn't try to make this situation better for us in any way.

On a friendlier note, the gentleman working at the info booth was my favorite. He donned a huge grin and gave us a great restaurant suggestion!

2 Stars -- Comfort/Sleep Quality -- See comments mentioned above.

2 Stars -- Attentiveness to Detail/Rooms -- The hot tub was lukewarm (after 5 minutes, my husband and I realized that we'd be much more relaxed if we got out of the hot tub and went back to our room, now needing to crank the heat up because we were freezing.)

Our coffee cups we used the first morning were no longer in our rooms the second morning. When we asked the house maid outside of our room for replacements, she said she'd need to talk to her manager and get back to us. I'm not sure why she couldn't give us replacements then and there. We drank our morning coffee out of plastic disposable cups instead, since we never heard back the house maid.

3 Stars -- Value -- The price we paid was OK but since I found myself fumbling around the first morning from lack of sleep and very anxious to get home the second night (so that I could finally get some rest), I will instead pay more for a better hotel next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mrs M

I am sorry you were not fully satisfied with your visit. We do have an excellent downtown location and many guests comment on our friendly and welcoming staff. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your visit and sharing your comments.

Warm regards,

Ralph Shorter

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel was nice, the staff all very helpful and very friendly! They are actually interested in customers' well being.
The location was awesome, if you like fresh air its in walking distance to many of the big attractions and centers.
The concierge Sean was EXTREMELY helpful, suggested ideas of how to fit as much sightseeing in 4 days as possible, and the best ways to go around/places to go!
I would definitely stay there again given the chance.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I am writing to tell you about our WONDERFUL stay at this hotel. My family and I arrived last Saturday morning, December 22. We were greeted by very helpful and friendly valet men. They retrieved a cart for us and didn't rush us while kids were gathering up all of their items in the backseat.

While the rest of the family was loading the luggage cart, I went inside the beautiful lobby to see if we can leave our luggage in the luggage room or if there was an available room. Kevin was able to accomodate us with our room. We had made the reservation for your "Spy" package. There was only 1 ticket available, so Kevin went across the street to obtain another ticket for us, while we unloaded our luggage and freshened up. Kevin was so friendly and extremely personable. He called later in the day to see if there was anything else we needed. Another staff member called later that evening again to see if we needed anything. This is service I would expect from a Ritz Carlton and not a Courtyard. I have stayed in many Courtyards and Marriott chain hotel (my father is a platinum level member) and never had such wonderful service (we always had good service, but nothing ever like this). In the morning, Kevin again was at the desk seeing to it that we use our breakfast passes and if there was anything else that we needed. My 9 year old son and he even had a conversation about the Spy museum.

Even though our room was small, it was extremely clean. We were surprised how quiet it was since it was facing a busy street.

The breakfast room was very cozy and the food quite yummy for a snack bar. We all loved the french toast. The women behind the counter were extremely helpful, patient and friendly to all of the guests.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Great hotel if you are looking for a good value, close to DC sites, the metro and Ford's Theater. There are several nice places to eat nearby. I agree with some of the other comments about the remodel job being cheaply done but I don't spend a lot of time in the hallways or reception. The rooms are comfortable & clean. I did find the rooms to be a bit noisy as I could hear whenever someone would run water or shower.

The staff was excellent, super friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple