You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington Convention Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 F St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20004 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #21 of 137 Hotels in Washington DC
Charleston, South Carolina
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I spent three nights at this property during the middle of November. As a number of other reviewers have noted, it is in a great location for business and vacation/recreation. The property is a short walk from the Gallery Place Metro stop, Chinatown, and numerous restaurants. If you appreciate older buildings, this former bank will interest you, as a number of interior architectural details remain in the lobby and adjacent restaurant.

My room was spacious and quiet, and near the stairwell. I know this because we had a false fire alarm on my last night.

The Bistro "restaurant" is located on the lower level of the hotel. It serves a limited range of Starbucks coffees and breakfast. My first (and only) meal there was a flavorless breakfast sandwich on microwave-hardened bread. If you want to eat on the cheap, walk around the corner to the Subway and get a comparable flatbread sandwich for a much lower price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Lake Oswego, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed a week making the Courtyard Washington Convention Center our family vacation base in DC and could not have been happier. Good restaurant in the hotel with lots of other options nearby. Great central location to all the attractions. No need to have a car if you stay at this excellent hotel. Really nice breakfast which may or may not be included depending on your room package. Extremely helpful staff...it just doesn't get any better than this hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Rshorter913, Operation Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Convention Center, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I am so pleased we helped to make your week special. As you and many of our guest will attest to our staff and teams efforts towards delivering flawless service. Thank you for your kind remarks, for your business and for coming to stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again in future.

Be well,
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I booked a room here through hotels.com. When I arrived, I was told they overbooked and were sending me to a Fairfield Inn about 5 blocks away. This, even though my room was PREPAID. They gave me some cash for a cab ride and did not charge me for the first night of valet parking.

The building is an old bank building and has a pretty cool lobby. They have kept most of the original interior walls.

The room itself was very nice, but I was disappointed to see that the windows do not open. Valet parking is normally about $40/night.

Considering I had to be inconvenienced and go to another hotel, it would have been nice to at least gotten both nights of valet parking free. It's not a cheap hotel and I don't believe they should be overbooking - and if they do, people who have already paid for the room should get priority.

3 Thank mobycat
Rshorter913, Operations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Convention Center, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I’m deeply sorry to hear of your less than favorable experience. The service that you received and as evident through the many great comments from our previous guests and their experiences are not a true reflection of our team. I am committed to ensuring that we change this perception you may have of us. Please feel free to contact me directly at 202-638-4600 or via e-mail ralphshorter@cmccdc.com.

Be well,
Richmond VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just got back from my stay here using my Living Social coupon. I have to say I rate this hotel excellent and I am well traveling. The staff goes out of their way to please you. Kevin C. at the front desk was so efficient and was there whenever we had any questions. The whole staff is friendly and accommodating. The room was very nice and the breakfast the next day was more then we ever expected. We were close to the Metro and walking distance for dinner and bars.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Maureen R
Thank you for your visit and sharing your comments. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We are please to hear of the great service that Kevin and our team provided to you. Our entire team is our greatest assets and makes us that much better than our neighboring hotels. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Stay well,
Satellite Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is a great hotel with some quirks. The bed was very comfortable, and the recent renovations added some life back into an old building. Typical Courtyard decor, but instead of the long sweeping drive-up-to-the-hotel thing that Courtyards typically have, there is no such thing here, you just get dropped off at the door. Like anywhere in Washington DC, parking is a pain so you are further ahead using taxi and/or Metro. Good restaurants within walking distance although the neighborhood did not feel particularly safe. One disappointment for Starbucks addicts is that although they SERVE Starbucks, they are NOT an official Starbucks location and the staff has zero idea how to correctly make a mocha, that was truly horrible. The biggest disappointment, not limited to the Courtyard, is that the price of the room was about 3 times what you would pay in other parts of the country for an equivalent Courtyard or other hotel, but I guess they charge what the traffic will bear. Bathrooms have shower only so no chance of a bath.

• 4 of 5 stars
Rshorter913, OperationsManager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Convention Center, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your valuable feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's renovation. However we are dissapointed that your Starbucks experience was less than favorable. Our team strives daily to exceed our guest expecations and as evident in the many wonderful reviews. Once again thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was in DC on business in October 2012, and stayed at this hotel. It is in an old brick bank building caddy-corner from the National Portrait Gallery - and since I traveled to DC on an early Sunday morning, I was able to spend some time at the wonderful museum across the street on Sunday afternoon. The Spy Museum is also next door, but I didn't have time to do both.

When I travel I try to stay in hotels that belong to major national hotel chains, and I've always found Courtyards by Marriot to be quite nice. I chose this hotel due to the easy walking distance to my meeting on Monday morning, and I was very glad I stayed here. The bed was comfortable, and I slept well. The property has been remodeled since I was here last, and I recommend it for business travel.

1 Thank SRMueller1
Rshorter913, Operations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Convention Center, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your business and for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear that you experience was enjoyable and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

After a long day of driving from atlantic city we were greeted by the valet with bottles of water due to the extreme heat that DC had been experiencing. thankfully over the next 2 days it was nice and cool. Our hotel room was adequate, nothing fancy and there is a nice bar right at the entrance. across the road is the Spy museum which was fun and just down the block is the Ford theatre and across the road is the hop on hop off bus. Our only one complaint was that breakfast was included with our stay and the the first morning was complete chaos. We arrived 30 minutes before closing and there was hardly anything left except some awful liquid scrambled eggs however the next 2 mornings which were a weekend, all went well. Other than that, this hotel is very good and i would highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mazzieSydney
Rshorter913, Operations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Convention Center, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our location. We apologize for the not so good dining experience. The service you receive is not a true reflection or our staff. Our restaurant team always delivers outstanding service and as you experienced the follow day of your stay. Thank you once again for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We hope to welcome you back for a return visit.