“Great Hotel, Excellent Location”

Courtyard Washington Convention Center
Ranked #42 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just got back from my stay here using my Living Social coupon. I have to say I rate this hotel excellent and I am well traveling. The staff goes out of their way to please you. Kevin C. at the front desk was so efficient and was there whenever we had any questions. The whole staff is friendly and accommodating. The room was very nice and the breakfast the next day was more then we ever expected. We were close to the Metro and walking distance for dinner and bars.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Maureen R
Rshorter913, Operation Manager at Courtyard Washington Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for your visit and sharing your comments. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We are please to hear of the great service that Kevin and our team provided to you. Our entire team is our greatest assets and makes us that much better than our neighboring hotels. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Stay well,

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Washington Convention Center

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is a great hotel with some quirks. The bed was very comfortable, and the recent renovations added some life back into an old building. Typical Courtyard decor, but instead of the long sweeping drive-up-to-the-hotel thing that Courtyards typically have, there is no such thing here, you just get dropped off at the door. Like anywhere in Washington DC, parking is a pain so you are further ahead using taxi and/or Metro. Good restaurants within walking distance although the neighborhood did not feel particularly safe. One disappointment for Starbucks addicts is that although they SERVE Starbucks, they are NOT an official Starbucks location and the staff has zero idea how to correctly make a mocha, that was truly horrible. The biggest disappointment, not limited to the Courtyard, is that the price of the room was about 3 times what you would pay in other parts of the country for an equivalent Courtyard or other hotel, but I guess they charge what the traffic will bear. Bathrooms have shower only so no chance of a bath.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Rshorter913, OperationsManager at Courtyard Washington Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your valuable feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's renovation. However we are dissapointed that your Starbucks experience was less than favorable. Our team strives daily to exceed our guest expecations and as evident in the many wonderful reviews. Once again thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was in DC on business in October 2012, and stayed at this hotel. It is in an old brick bank building caddy-corner from the National Portrait Gallery - and since I traveled to DC on an early Sunday morning, I was able to spend some time at the wonderful museum across the street on Sunday afternoon. The Spy Museum is also next door, but I didn't have time to do both.

When I travel I try to stay in hotels that belong to major national hotel chains, and I've always found Courtyards by Marriot to be quite nice. I chose this hotel due to the easy walking distance to my meeting on Monday morning, and I was very glad I stayed here. The bed was comfortable, and I slept well. The property has been remodeled since I was here last, and I recommend it for business travel.

1  Thank Steve M
Rshorter913, Operations Manager at Courtyard Washington Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your business and for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear that you experience was enjoyable and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

After a long day of driving from atlantic city we were greeted by the valet with bottles of water due to the extreme heat that DC had been experiencing. thankfully over the next 2 days it was nice and cool. Our hotel room was adequate, nothing fancy and there is a nice bar right at the entrance. across the road is the Spy museum which was fun and just down the block is the Ford theatre and across the road is the hop on hop off bus. Our only one complaint was that breakfast was included with our stay and the the first morning was complete chaos. We arrived 30 minutes before closing and there was hardly anything left except some awful liquid scrambled eggs however the next 2 mornings which were a weekend, all went well. Other than that, this hotel is very good and i would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mazzieSydney
Rshorter913, Operations Manager at Courtyard Washington Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our location. We apologize for the not so good dining experience. The service you receive is not a true reflection or our staff. Our restaurant team always delivers outstanding service and as you experienced the follow day of your stay. Thank you once again for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We hope to welcome you back for a return visit.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Fabulous location. We attended a concert at the Verizon Center which was a block away. We walked to all of the major tourist locations. The hotel courtesy lotion is YUMMY. Comfy beds. Nice views of pedestrians. It was clean. I didn't like the breakfast voucher, it made no sense. We just for milk & cereal from the cvs around the corner. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Just get a room, the location will save $$$ on cabs & mass transit.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Rshorter913, Operations's Manager at Courtyard Washington Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

I am so pleased we helped to make your weekend special. Thank you for your kind remarks, for your business and for coming to stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our in-room amenties, and we hope to welcome you back again in future.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This Courtyard hotel is in a great location in Washington DC. Near the tourist attractions and a Metro stop. Great restaurants close by. What makes it really excellent though is the staff. David behind the checkin desk was super helpful and the bellman Robbie was great. Remembered our name and called us by name throughout our 4 day visit. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and it was very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your visit and sharing your comments. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. David and Robbie provided such an excellent service and assistance to you. The both of them along with our entire team is our greatest assets and makes us that much better than our neighboring hotels. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Marriotts can be hit or miss but this one was definitely a hit - nice size room, attractively decorated, large spotless walk-in shower, very clean room overall, and extremely helpful, friendly staff at a good price. The hotel is very conveniently located just 2 blocks from the metro and right across the street from National Portrait Gallery. The bed was very comfy too and best of all, no nasty bedspread! And when I requested a room change bc the view was of the side of a building, they immediately did so and I had a great view down F street.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms face a wall so be sure to ask for one facing the street.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and found our location ideal. We strive to exceed our guest expectations and are glad you experience our property to be a “Marriott Hit”. Thank you for your sharing your feedback, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.