“Excellent sandwiches”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Washington DC
“Excellent sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Dont be scared by the location, if youre not familiar with this area, it kinda looks scary but believe me, the food was awesome, the beer battered eggplant..omg..the best in the world, I ordered the pulled pork sandwich and my hubby ordered just a regular hamburger, if its not too embarrassing, we would have licked our plates..it was that good. The bathroom was inside the restaurant, by the look of it, it looks like just a regular bathroom then you open the door and viola, high tech bathroom, you would feel like youre in a classy hotel..so dont judge the book by its cover..please go and try the food and you can also bring your own booze in this place since they dont sell beer...just awesome...id give it a 6 star but guess will settle fo

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank AsianBelle98

“Don't mind the location, just come and see for yourself!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Do not be put off by the location of this place. The food is excellent! We had the Cuban (which iw Pork, cheese, pickles and Grainy mustard) which came with fries too. The guys working there are really nice and down to earth. Your ordered at the front, find a spot to sit, and then they will bring the food to you. The place can hold about 20 people and we were lucky to find a table for 2 without any issues.

The sandwich was one of the best things I ever had. Everything on the plate was HOT, I couldn't even picked up the sandwich because it just came off the grill. We wolfed down the sandwich in no time and only wishes our stomach had more room to take another one : )

I hope they don't make it too fancy because it will change what makes the place so unique and yet so good!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank happynuts
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food, odd locale, but what the heck”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Read about this gas-station dining spot a while back and for some reason never got around to going there until recently. While my wife and I were always intrigued by the Uruguayan national sandwich, the chivito, we also wanted to see what else they had to offer. We were not disappointed. My wife had the chivito (I don't eat eggs and can't stand olives) while I had the Cubano. I heard only good things about the chivito, and I quite liked the Cubano, on which they used a stone-ground mustard instead of the usual yellow mustard - not traditional, but tasty.
If you can't find a seat, Meridian Hill Park is a short distance away and a nice spot to eat, (probably best during the day). We will be back to sample more of the menu.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Steve B
Coquitlam, Canada
“Don't be put off by the location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

Good value. Great food. So fresh and delicious. Everyone in our group had the salads and they were awesome. Mine had figs, bacon and blue cheese. It was divine.
About 8-10 bucks will get you a great meal. And they serve water out of jars - a nice touch.
Yes it looks like a place attached to a gas station, but don't be deceived.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Cheryl A
Washington, DC
“Great sandwiches, funny location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

You will be cheek to jowl with hipsters when it's busy, and sharing space with local cops and the crazy guy arguing with the gas station attendant (whose booth is inside with the restaurant) when it's not. Good sandwiches, great fries, and way more interesting than a lot of the places in the 14th St -to - Adams Morgan corridor. I gave the atmosphere a good, but to be honest, that's because it's funny, as opposed to "nice." It really is in a gas station, but yes there are numerous tables if you eat-in (self-service, not table service).

• Visited February 2012