“Good experiences”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good experiences”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have been to the Institute a few times for a different services. The services and bedside manner is wonderful. The only thing that could really get a bit of help is the scheduling/front desk issue. double bookings when you call to make an appointment have happened more than once which is frustrating- I suggest booking directly through the service provider once you start seeing someone regularly until they fix this aspect. Other than that, expect a great experience.

Visited August 2013

Rockville, Maryland
“Great On-line Scheduling and Guidance”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

In recent months the phone lines have been quite busy with having to wait for my turn. Now I can communicate directly with my practitioner in scheduling my appointment and can ask advice all from the Washington Institute's web site. This is new and was very much needed. This system is better than other similar facilities because I can communicate directly with a person rather than just a computer. Depending on what I am looking for I can either book or communicate directly with a practitioner, the front desk receptionist, or even the director, all on-line. Dr. Goldsten is the director and she responded to me very quickly. Her facility is a pleasant place but customers need to understand that it is not a spa. Their focus is health oriented.

Visited July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Treatments at the WINM”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This review should have been written a long time ago, but I didn't know about this page on TripAdvisor. If you are looking for a professional,clean, comfortable and modern certified place to go for your alternative therapy needs, the Washington Institute of Natural Medicine (WINM) is the place to go to! I had been experiencing sinus problems, along with inflammation in one of my knees due to an old injury. Robert, who provides manual therapy treated me first. What a wonderful treatment! Had such great relief that I haven't had for a long time! After I expressed my concerns about possibly further injuring my knee by exercising, Robert suggested that I research Tai Chi and Chair Yoga for consideration. I accepted the advise, did my research, chose Chair Yoga to start with and have good results. Minor stress on my knees! I then met with Dr. Victoria Goldsten who specializes in Homeopathy. She tested me and determined which homeopathic remedies would work with me to aid in clearing up the sinus problem and support the removal of inflammation in my knee. Wow, what a pleasant experience! I hope in sharing this that if you believe in, rely on alternative healthcare/therapies, or want to complement your medical treatment/protocol with alternative healthcare/therapies, highly consider the WINM to meet you needs. In knowing, experiencing and sharing this, the WINM will no longer be one of the best kept secrets in DC, but one that is known in a wider circle for its array of professional, exceptional, certified/licensed practitioners, FNPs, Medical Doctors who provide outstanding services!

Visited July 2013
Kingston, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Student of Classes and Client: Excellent Center!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I found out about the Washington Institute about 10 years ago when I had a rough patch of skin over my eye that I couldn't get rid of. I saw one of their practitioners who educated me on how interconnected the body is and that an imbalance in my liver was causing this issue. I took recommended drops (Very reasonably priced) and followed their advice and it cleared up in a week! I then took several of their certification classes and have since opened my own wellness center in PA. I continue to take certification classes, my most recent - acupressure. I drive 3.5 hours to get my education through WINM, that is how much I value what they have to offer. I have met many practitioners but few meet the level of expertise and care shown by the owner and head practitioner of The Washington Institute, Dr. Victoria Goldsten. This is an amazing place, not only to heal yourself, but to learn how to heal others.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Amber S
DC
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not a traditional massage...”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Whenever I think of receiving a massage, I'm thinking of spa treatment and relaxation. Well, when I went to get a massage from this clinic (i have a very stressful job, so I need massages frequently), they showed me a lot about massage that I didn't previously know. And as for the practitioner, she was lovely. Even though she only had under a year of experience, you couldn't tell with her massage. She worked out my kinks just as a massage therapist (or masseuse) should. She even gave me a cup of water at the end and a few tips to keep stress free. The only thing is that the massage started a bit late. But it was made clear to me that she had to prepare her room again because she had a client before me. But ultimately I will recommend someone to receive a massage here. It was well worth the cash. And my back feels better too. hahaha

Visited January 2013