“Good food”

Spirit of Washington
More attraction details
Owner description: Come aboard Spirit of Washington for a unique mix of dining, entertainment and views. Cruising the Potomac River year-round, Spirit offers lunch, dinner, and holiday cruises like Father's Day, plus a variety of themed cruises.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We took the dinner cruise with a large group. The buffet was good, and there was an entertaining DJ. The cruise itself was not very impressive. I am not sure what we were supposed to get to see other than the banks of the river. The only attraction was the sight of DC as the boat returned. You could see the capitol lit up and the Washington monument. I would not pay for this again.

1  Thank hidk
in 12 reviews
"cruised"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed July 2, 2013

June 29, 2013 - I scheduled a lunch cruise for my girlfriend's birthday. I was assured by the call center when I scheduled the cruise that it would be leaving from Maryland National Harbor and that is where we were staying. When we went to harbor to get on ship, it wasn't there and we were being told that it was leaving from Pier 4 in Washington and you would have to drive there as it was a long way. We were panicking because we didn't know how to get there and didn't have enough time to figure out how to get there. There was another cruise ship at the harbor and we went to one of the gentlemen that was working on loading that ship. He was Pieter Wijngoarden and he told us that he worked for Entertainment Cruises, which was part of Spirit Cruises. Pieter is 1st Mate of cruise. Pieter went over and beyond his duty. He called the cruise ship and told them to hold up sailing that he was bringing me and my girlfriend because we were sent to the wrong location. Pieter actually went and got his vehicle and took us to the cruise ship and walked up with us onto ship and spoke to Allene David, Restaurant Manager to make sure that we had a ride back to Maryland National Harbor. What an awesome employee. As if that wasn't enough done for us already, we were sitting at our table and the pictures that we had taken as we were boarding the ship the lady brought them to us and handed us each a package and said that they were compliments of Pieter. We were so overwhelmed by his acts of kindness and knowing that he didn't have to even do one thing for us he went out of his way to make sure that my girlfriend had a nice birthday. The cruise was awesome, we had so much fun. Lunch was delicious and Johnny, our waiter brought us complimentary drinks, Thanks Johnny, what a nice waiter. A ballon was on my girlfriends chair saying Happy Birthday, DJ announced her birthday, we went out on ship deck, it was a blast. Definitely would go again. So now if that wasn't enough, when we came back we got off of cruise ship and was setting waiting on the employee to go get her car to take us back to Md National Harbor and a gentlemen comes up to us and introduces himself as Captain Andrew Smith and said that he would be taken us back to MD National Harbor. Once again, Peiter wanted to make sure we had a ride back so he arrainged for Capt. Andrew Smith to get us back. We can't begin to say enough about Peiter and Capt. Smith for going over and beyond the call of duty. We want to make sure that Entertainment Cruises knows what an asset they have in these two employees. What was turning out to be a horrible experience was a GREAT experience because of Pieter and Capt. Smith. From the bottom of our hearts we thank you for an awesome experience on a Spirit of Washington Cruise.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Took cruise to celebrate sister-in-law's birthday. The food was good. Great dessert. Our server Ashley was very attentive to our needs. Received hot chocolate chip cookies when we got off the ship. Only down side was the entertainment. The Cruise Director (actually the DJ who called himself the cruise director) did not truly connect with the crowd. Initially it appeared he was entertaining himself. Maybe in a few years I will take the cruise again with a large group. Hopefully the entertainment will be better.

1  Thank T T
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Our youth tour program rents out this ship and it turns into a floating dance! Each floor had a dance going, each playing different music. The kids had a blast. I enjoyed hanging out on the top of the ship where it's open air and lots of great views!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Okay, if you have to neutralize your visitors from out of town for a while, send them on a cruise, or even join them, if you must.
While I love the harbor cruise vistas in New York Harbor, I find the views from the Potomac boring and uninspiring. Cherry blossom cruise is over-hyped and over-priced.
Food is average, don't expect flights of fancy. Have another drink.
If you're in love and it's just the two of you, you'll have a lovely time, no matter where you are. It'll be up to you to get into the "Spirit" of things and make it special. Be prepared to dance (no matter how badly), but it's still better for your date, rather than sitting through the music and feeling apologetic about not dancing. Most of us ladies really love it when you muster the courage to dance. So smile, and sweep us off our feet.

2  Thank Chrisjazz