“Cruise was fine....watch where you park!”

Spirit of Washington Cruises
Book In Advance
More Info
$52.02*
and up
In the Footsteps of George Washington: Spirit Day Cruise to Mount Vernon
More attraction details
Owner description: Come aboard Spirit of Washington for a unique mix of dining, entertainment and views. Cruising the Potomac River year-round, Spirit offers lunch, dinner, and holiday cruises like Father's Day, plus a variety of themed cruises.
Dickson, Tennessee
“Cruise was fine....watch where you park!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I enjoyed the cruise but not so much the rowdy young children with yelling parents. However, that could just be us getting older with patients not what they used to be. Loved Mt. Vernon. However...beware of where you park. We parked in the Spirit Cruise parking lot. The sign clearly said..."Parking for Spirit Cruise Visitors" which we thought we were. We had a parking ticket waiting for us and a rude parking attendent. Needles to say, we did not leave the cruise happy. My thoughts....you should not mark parking spots for visitors then ticket the visitors....left a bad taste in our mouths....will not recommend for that reason....Still loved Mount Vernon...highly recommend going to see it!

Visited March 2013

Lockport, NY
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Good for school groups, but no "love boat"”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I attended a dinner cruise as a chaperone for a school group. We had a whole level to ourselves. Excellent service and talented DJ and wait staff. The kids had a wonderful time. I wouldn't go on an empty stomach...the food was just so-so.

Visited February 2013
Washington, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spirit of Washington, Thanksgiving Trip”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I truly enjoyed the Thanksgiving cruise, and I believe my entire group of 9 enjoyed it too. The food was good, the weather cooperated, making for a very, very pleasant loop down the Potomac River. I just wished the trip would have lasted at least 3 hours more, but that's asking a lot, I know.
Congratulations to the crew for putting together this great trip.

1 Thank EnaBari
Front Royal, Virginia
“Minister's Wives & Minister's Widows of Wayland BlueRidge & Vicinity”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

To The Spirit of DC

Our Minister's Wives & Minister's Widows had an awesome time on our lunch cruise, good food, lots of laughter, great fellowship was had by one and all.
God gave us a good day the weather was warm and sunny and we had smooth sailing.
All of us seniors would like for you to know When we are counting our blessings, There's one thing we always do we take the time to say Thank You Lord.
For very special people like you.
We are looking forward to coming back real soon and remember to find some kind of way to have some ICE CREAM
Thank You and Your Staff for a job Well DONE: God Bless You
Mrs. Janice Kilby

Sterling, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fun and festive trip, but loud!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and daughter and I joined my friend's family on the Spirit of Washington for her 40th birthday celebration. We had a great time, however you should not go into this thinking it will be a a relaxing site seeing cruise with lunch. The experience was like attending a wedding reception. The DJ was very entertaining and the waiters will sing as part of the entertainment, but it was very loud! The food was excellent and there was a lot of it! My only complaint was that our wait staff was not on top of picking up dirty plates and refilling our drinks in a timely manner. I ended up just moving dirty dishes to the adjacent empty table. I would definitely plan to go again, but would not take anyone who dislikes loud music or goofy reception DJ fun! Overall a fun and festive way to celebrate!! Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Visited December 2012