I have stayed at the Marriott Wardman @ 10 times over my business life over 20 years and always regarded it a a nice convention hotel that serves the Marriott brand well. However, I now was able to stay in it the last 2 times I have been in DC and have come away w/ a remarkably better perspective.
First, I had always been bothered by their $13.95 internet charge per day. They have just adopted free wi-fi in their lobby and what a treat. i had drinks, coffee from their Illy bar, breakfast at their Woodley Gourmet market inside the hotel and what a treat to work for hours while now enjoying all these great food benefits.I had always walked out and accessed the Woodley Park restaurants w/ a fairly nearby Starbucks or had a drink at the nearby Lebanese Taverna or a bar that was close. This time w/ a massive workload pressing, I stayed in at night in the comfortable lobby, watched the Yanks win the World Series, and worked on my PC for a couple of hours for free. The next morning I did the same thing at the breakfast place and it was great.
The other big change how friendly and helpful the staff was. Of course, in the past they always had the Marriott training but this time to a person they were accomodating, helpful, friendly and went out of their way to ask if I needed any assistance. Possibly, in the past they were just overwhelmed by conventioneers but it was a noticeable change and I waited until I stayed there for the second time this week and it was exactly the same.
I love the location as I work all over downtown and the immediate suburbs and the metro is litera;lly a block away. I also noticed the Circulator bus is at the metro stop as well as L2 which brings you downtown.
While Connecticut Avenue is a busy street, i never hear any traffic at the hotel with my room facing the Cathedral these last 2 times. The small restaurants in the area are great, especially Lebanese Taverna which now a bit of a chain but still good. I like to walk so I do walk into Adams Morgan and Dupont to access my favorite restaurants.
The last thing which is a pet peeve is the cleanliness and they continue to deliver on this. My rooms have had nice flat screen TV's, too many pillows, soft, soft sheets so I am going to a "5" on this one.
Way to change and Wow, great stay (the last 2 times).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood in the heart of Washington, DC filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away, you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Head north to hear the sounds of animals coming from the National Zoo. Or venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott