“Fantastic Large Hotel, Exceptional Location, Metro, VG Buffet Breakfast”

Washington Marriott Wardman Park
Ranked #107 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed February 17, 2006

This is a very large conference / convention hotel with three accomodation towers.
Checkin & checkout was fast & efficient. It could be different at busy times with many new arrivals.
I had a good clean modern very comfortable room on 8th floor. It was about 10 rooms for elevators (4).
Yes you will get lots of exercise just walking around within hotel complex. Please wear comfortable footwear.
I would recommend that everybody spends 10+ minutes exploring hotel as soon as possible after checkin. It will help you become familiar with layout and location of coffee shops / convenience store / pub and restaurants / fitness centre / swimming pools / various conference rooms. All the public areas were in very good condition and clean.
It is located in a quiet residential area with very nice landscaped grounds.
It is a nice area to take a walk around the block. It is an easy walk down Connecticut Ave to the White House area etc etc. It is easy to get to the Zoo and or the National Cathedral.
The Red Line Metro stop is next to one of the hotel exits. A large convenience store is minutes away. Many dining choices available locally.
You have a choice of entrances, one is a gentle slope, another is a little hill climb. No problem with reasonable fitness.
My reaction to many of the negative posts was "Are we talking about the same hotel ?"
I will stay again and would recommend to family and business colleagues. Please compare the special hotel price offered via email/phone for specific dates with various internet sites. The price variations offered can be unbelievable.

• Stayed: May 2004, traveled on business
16  Thank Newo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,649)

Reviewed January 21, 2006

I have stayed at the Wardman for several conferences. Until recently, I thought that the Wardman was better than average, but my recent trip changed that.

My most recent experience is based on being a conference attendee though I was staying at another Marriott hotel, the Renaissance Mayflower (highly recommend). One morning, I took a cab from the Mayflower to the Wardman only to realize that I had left my wallet at the Mayflower. I did have my checkbook and so asked the manager on duty at the Wardman if I could write a check for $6.00 and explained that I was staying at the Renaissance and that I was a Silver ELite member. He refused to let me write a check for $6.00 and would not even call the Mayflower to confirm my information. I left the counter in a panic. Fortunately, for me one of the Wardman non-management associates (Marriott's word for employees), a woman named Karan, overheard my conversation. She followed me out to my cab and gave me $10.00 of her own money for my cab fare. I could not thank her enough.

In addition, while I was standing in line to TRY and write a check for $6.00, a man in front of me was complaining. Apparently, it was the third time his room key had stopped working, and he was demanding that it be fixed.

All in all, the regular associates of the Wardman are wonderful. I cannot say the same about the management associates.

6  Thank phorid