This is a very large conference / convention hotel with three accomodation towers.
Checkin & checkout was fast & efficient. It could be different at busy times with many new arrivals.
I had a good clean modern very comfortable room on 8th floor. It was about 10 rooms for elevators (4).
Yes you will get lots of exercise just walking around within hotel complex. Please wear comfortable footwear.
I would recommend that everybody spends 10+ minutes exploring hotel as soon as possible after checkin. It will help you become familiar with layout and location of coffee shops / convenience store / pub and restaurants / fitness centre / swimming pools / various conference rooms. All the public areas were in very good condition and clean.
It is located in a quiet residential area with very nice landscaped grounds.
It is a nice area to take a walk around the block. It is an easy walk down Connecticut Ave to the White House area etc etc. It is easy to get to the Zoo and or the National Cathedral.
The Red Line Metro stop is next to one of the hotel exits. A large convenience store is minutes away. Many dining choices available locally.
You have a choice of entrances, one is a gentle slope, another is a little hill climb. No problem with reasonable fitness.
My reaction to many of the negative posts was "Are we talking about the same hotel ?"
I will stay again and would recommend to family and business colleagues. Please compare the special hotel price offered via email/phone for specific dates with various internet sites. The price variations offered can be unbelievable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away from our hotel in Washington, D.C., you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott