I stayed here for one night and that was more than enough. The bathtub had multiple stray hairs all over it, including a particularly nasty-looking one on the soap dish. The shower curtain was torn in several places, and the hair dryer looked like it hadn't been cleaned *ever*. There was a problem with the door to the room shutting all the way, and in the morning there was a lot of noise in the alley over which my room's windows faced. The walls were also very thin so I could hear conversations in the hall.
On the positive side (for me, because I had a lot of luggage), I was able to park in the parking garage near my hotel room so I was close to my car. The garage was literally on the other side of the hall outside my room. Had there been a door to the garage directly in front of my room, I would have been 10 feet from my car. The reason that this was possible was because I was given a room in the hotel's "Park Tower", and those rooms are underground (the hotel was built on a hill so one side is underground and the other side overlooks an alley).
However, if you are not driving and you don't need to park (or if you don't care about being near your car), I would absolutely avoid the "Park Tower" wing of the hotel. I can't help but think the term "Park Tower" itself is a cruel joke on the hotel's guests, who think they will be sleeping in a room on a high floor overlooking a tranquil garden, when in actuality they will be sleeping in an underground room attached to a parking garage on one side and overlooking a noisy alley on the other.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood in the heart of Washington, DC filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away, you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Head north to hear the sounds of animals coming from the National Zoo. Or venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott