“Good facilities”

Ranked #103 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Thrissur, India
“Good facilities”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Attended conference at this venue; didn`t stay.
Excellent set up. They have lot of meeting rooms, which and few of the conference rooms encountered, were all well done with good sound quality and lighting.
Meeting rooms in mezzanine accomodates nearly 150 people.
At basement, great place for exhibitions.
Metro station just in front of this great venue.
Garden & tulips well maintained.
In food provided during conference, choices were limited and vegetarian dishes were scanty.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank akbar sheik h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 15, 2013

After booking my room months and months ago. I come to check in and they tell me I don't have a room. Matter of fact they said there were 16 people that didn't have a room so I shouldn't feel bad. So they said don't worry we have a room for you across town. Remember DC , across town for the first night but they will have a room for me tomorrow night. Good news is they gave me $60 for cab fair to go back and forth. They couldn't get me out of that hotel any faster. It was like they through me in the cab to get me out of there. So now I couldn't unpack had to leave my business suit in a suit case for another day can't wait to see what that looks like. They couldn't of been worse to deal with and could care less.

Room Tip: Go to the omni across the street
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Kent H

Travelers are raving about these Washington DC hotels

Detroit MI
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here with my wife for a four day vacation in our nations capital. The location is great. 100 yards from the elevator down to the Red Line and 20 minutes later you are downtown near all the action. Plus after a long day of walking it is only about a $15 cab ride back to the hotel. It is a long walk or shot cab ride to Adams Morgan and a short cab ride to Georgetown. Both are great ares for food, drink and entertainment.

The hotel is beautiful and the grounds look amazing as well. The room we had was nicely decorated and very comfortable. This hotel would have received an very good from me if it wasn't for one problem. A few of the hotel rooms across the hall from us flooded and water made it out into the hall. When we would walk through the area it did not dry fro several days and we would track wet dirty shoe prints into our room. The odor was also not very pleasant and after a day started to creep from the hallway into our entry way.

Now I did not complain to the staff and I am sure they would have moved us if I had, but we had already unpacked and we were not spending a lot of time in the hotel to begin with. I would have liked the hotel staff to have recognized the issue and offered to move us that 1st day it happened. I was not in the mood to ask two days later when I only had two days left and all of my things had been unpacked.

I would expect a little more foresight from a Marriott property so that is why I gave this and average rating. I do recommend staying here for it's location and beauty.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mike E
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed for close to a week in April. Grounds were beautiful with tulips everywhere and families enjoying the scenery with toddlers posing for pictures. Is within walking distance of zoo (free admission) which was great for exercise and entertainment - the giant pandas at feeding time in the late afternoon are especially entertaining. The room was neat, clean and comfortable. Personnel were professional and courteous. Especially enjoyed the Illy Cafe in the mornings - thought the Illy ladies did a great job handling large numbers. As other reviewers have mentioned, there are plenty of places to eat nearby and location is convenient to bus and metro transportation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gat0rm0m
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed May 11, 2013

First, the location of this hotel is a very short walk to the metro and tourist spots. I found the dining options within a couple of blocks to be plentiful. The hotel quarters itself were quaint and comfortable. My colleagues and I varied room sizes from gigantic to smaller. I had an odd square tub in mine, while others have showers. If you have a preference, make that known. The pool was well-tended and staff were very friendly.
I attended a convention here and staff were very helpful with directions and the wait staff in the lounge provided great service. I felt this hotel was much more "historic" looking which seems to be downplayed in the photos online. I would definitely stay here again.
If you stay, definitely purchase the metro day passes and take a five minute ride to Washington Monument, The Whitehouse, and other spots of interest.

Room Tip: I preferred the room facing outward to the city, not facing the pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank coloradoklm
Long Beach, New York
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Staff is excellent. Bed fairly comfortable but heard noises from other rooms and hallway all night. Provided late check out free of charge as I was working an event hosted at the hotel. Overall not bad, but not sure it's worth the money.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank LRapkin
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Of course, hotels of this level and location are going to be quite pricey. Overall, the ambiance is very nice and the photos do not do the grounds justice. However, you practically need GPS and a map to navigate the grounds, and the parking system is quite confusing. I was a bit shocked to see that although there is WIFI, and there is a business center, it is $13 a day to order WIFI to your room. Since I needed the WIFI, I opted to do this, however in the IT age you would imagine that hotels (especially the Marriott) would get on board with including WIFI.

Room Tip: Use Priceline, you will get a much better rate.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business