Washington Marriott Wardman Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
Windsor Park Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Breakfast included
The Normandy Hotel(Washington DC)
View Hotel
Churchill Hotel Near Embassy Row(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
The LINE Hotel DC(Washington DC)
Washington Hilton(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
Georgetown Hill Inn(Washington DC)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
The Baron Hotel(Washington DC)
2,719 results
All reviewsharry's pubstone's throw restaurantmetro stophuge hotelconvention hotelstayed at the marriottnational cathedralthe concierge loungelarge conferencetypical marriottadams morganconnecticut aveconference facilitiesself parkingattended a conferenceoutdoor poolnice neighborhood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2008

I recently stayed at the Marriott Wardman Park in March for a conference and found it to be a decent stay. I was booked in the "historic" side of the hotel and, after finding it, and figuring out that most of the rooms were down the elevator from the main level (confusing) - it was fine.

I did notice that the newer side of the hotel seemed much nicer, and wondered when room service took forever for just a bagel, if it was because of the trek over to the historic section.

That said, it was an interesting place with a lot of space for the conference and various nooks, as a previous reviewer said, for side conversations. Good location, good for the conference but just okay for me.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2008

I stayed here for a large conference/grassroots lobbying trip in March 2008. The Wardman Park is a very large hotel and appears to be catered for the conference-goers. We couldn't get a room at the hotel the day prior to the conference starting (which is a problem when you're traveling from the West Coast) because another conference was ending. When I tried to check in early in the morning, I was astounded by the sheer number of people in line checking out. That being said, we were able to secure an early check in for one of us in our party. When I finally got a room, I was placed in a room on the first floor of the new wing. This is the same floor where many of the meeting rooms are housed. I was literally directly above the hotel's pub. So until 1 or 2 in the morning it sounded like people were talking in my room. The windows are not very well insulated. In addition, the walls are also very thin and I could hear someone using an electric razor very early in the morning. Were it not for being an incovenience to me personally (packing up my clothes, changing, etc.), I would have asked for another room; however, given how many people were staying there at the time, I'm not sure I would have gotten another room.

On another note, the best part of the hotel is the fact that there's a metro station across the street. If you need to get to the capitol or the Smithsonians, do not take a cab -- it is much quicker to take the metro (and cheaper!).

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank stephabelle
Reviewed April 18, 2008

The first impression of the hotel is quite good. The grounds are quite attractive, and when you enter the lobby, it is the size of a ballroom, and quite attractive.

The check in is pleasant, typifying the very accommodating attitude of the employees. Perhaps the best thing of this hotel is the employees. They are quite gracious.

The first thing you need to know is that you may either stay in the more contemporary part of the hotel or the old part (which the employees refer to as "The Historic" part. It costs more to stay in the older part, and that part is quite a walk from the lobby where the restaurants and lounges are located. One of the members of our group stayed in the old part, but the remainder of us had rooms in the newer part.

The hotel appeared clean, with attractive, well lit and spacious hallways, but when you leave the halls, and enter into the rooms, the rooms are tiny.

Two of the people in our group had single accommodations, one in the older part, and the second in the newer part. They stayed in rooms with "King" sized beds, which they believed were actually queen sized beds, and their rooms were extremely small.

The rest of us stayed in double rooms, with two double beds and slightly more room, however the size of the rooms was still very small. If you are planning to stay at the hotel with a family, you will not find the rooms adequate. There is only enough room to walk around the beds, and the exterior portion of the room has only a single chair by the window.

The bathrooms are postage stamp sized in both the new and old sections. You won't be able to get into the bathroom with your children if you need to.

The shower head is positioned quite low, so you need to stand near it to shower. there is no room in the tub, even though there is a curved shower curtain rod, so periodically while showering, if you are a big person, you will come in contact with the cold metal bar used for grabbing to get into the tub.

While the hotel has done away with the stocked refrigerator, instead of just leaving the unit there so you might be able to cool something, they didn't. The cabinet which housed the refrigerator is just an empty one. There is no refrigerator.

Attention to detail is lacking. In our room, there was a loose tile which irritated my wife, and another tile had a corner chipped out leaving a hole about one square inch. One of our companions in the older section found it irritating that in remodeling the room to bring it to a more contemporary standard, the hotel ran an additional electrical line across to another wall, then placed a strip of duct tape over it. I don't think our window had been washed in years.

My wife likes a bathrobe but we like to pack light, so we went to the hotel site to see if bathrobes were provided. The web site says bathrobes are provided, but there were none in the room so we called housekeeping and were told that the rooms are not provided with robes, but that they would bring one to us, which they did.

We only had one glass for liquids so left the maid a note requesting more. While she provided additional glasses, we shouldn't have had to ask. My wife also had to ask for additional packs of sugar for the coffee.

The day we arrived, the toilet ran incessantly, so we asked to have it fixed. They fixed it promptly. The tub drained very slowly, leaving one to step from the water after taking a shower but we didn't bother reporting it.

We ate at Harry's Pub. The waitress, like all the hotel staff, was very accommodating, and the food although not exceptional, was okay, and not overpriced.

The hotel is just a block above a group of restaurants which in general were pretty good. That was one good thing about the location.

In summary................the hotel is a tired old hotel with not a great deal of attention to detail. The rooms were very small and the bathrooms microscopic. The price is high. If you are traveling with children, this is not the hotel for you. You can probably find better accommodations at a much lower price and pay for transportation to the zoo (if you bring a car, the parking is pricey). The staff are very pleasant and eager to please, but it doesn't make up for the price you pay for the quality you get.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2008

This was a fantastic hotel for the rate we paid. Hotel was recently renovated and had a new feel (although that was more apparent in the lobby and common areas then the guest room floors). Clean rooms, good shower, comfortable night's sleep. It's location a block from the METRO was also ideal. Would wholeheartedly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed April 6, 2008

We were able to stay at this pricey hotel for only $70, after booking on Priceline. It was a great deal, considering room rates are usually $239. A few flaws...they charge your account $50 for possible incidentals, which is turn is refunded within 72 hours. Since we had no incidentals, I feel that they shouldn't charge automatically. They should hold your card and charge as needed. Also, the vending machines on our floor were broken. As a diabetic with a low blood sugar, I was unable to get a soda on our floor when I needed it. I ventured to the next floor only to receive two Aquafinas after hitting two different soda buttons. My girlfriend had to go to the front desk to ask for help. It was about 3 am, and since everything was closed, the front desk said they couldn't do anything about it. After insisting that they find some help, they called security, and he was able to come to the rescue with 2 sodas. It was a bit scary especially since it could have been an emergency having to wait that long for sugar.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple