We are exporing Washington DC for the first time. Couldnt really afford to stay in the heart of downtown so we are 3 miles or a 10 minute drive away. There are plenty of places to eat within an easy walking distance. Lots of variety for dining options. The hotel food seems overpriced. Check in was easy. Staff has been really nice except one of the concierge's may not be winning any friendly awards inthe near future. One was nice but another one was just not polite.
We chose the room that was in the original tower, the Wardman tower. It has really good views and although it is older it still has been updated with flat screen TV's, nice bath sink. The older part is charming with newer amenities.
It is very clean here. I do have one issue that I wish would have been fixed. I asked the housecleaning lady in a note to change the sheets and put a new dust ruffle on the bed. The dust ruffle is really not clean, drippy stuff, stains, just gross and my sheet hangs over and touches it all day when the bed is made. Then when I cralw under the sheet I end up sleeping with the part that touched the dust ruffle against me. Well, I left her a tip and she changed the sheets but didnt change the dust ruffle. That is my only complaint.
This is a busy place, lots of professionals that I think are staying here for business. We are impressed with it though, very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood in the heart of Washington, DC filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away, you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Head north to hear the sounds of animals coming from the National Zoo. Or venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott