My family spent 6 nights at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park and enjoyed every minute.
We chose the hotel because of the location which is just up the hill from a red line metro stop. Yes, it is a hill so I don't know how well this location would work for individuals who are not ambulatory. The hotel is also easily accessible via car; access to RockCreek Pkwy is about 2 blocks away.
In addition to the ease of getting to and from, the location is great because, unlike many areas within The District, this one does not close down at dark. There are numerous dining options, all price ranges, right on Connecticut Ave. We picked up McD's for the little guy a couple of nights, let him eat and relax in the room and then we all walked down the hill and my husband and I enjoyed a nice dinner at Lebanese Taverna while the little guy played video games at the table.
We returned late (between 10-11pm) a few nights and felt very comfortable walking from the metro to the hotel. The hill does seem to be longer later at night while carrying a sleeping child.
The National Zoo is a short walk, although it may seem long to a little one. Something to keep in mind if walking to and from the zoo, you do a lot of walking while at the zoo.
Back to the hotel. Check in was a breeze. The Concierge Lounge was closed for a few days so we were given vouchers for use in the other restaurant/lounges.
Our room was nice, it was just a little smaller than expected. From our window, you could see the Capitol dome in the distance. That was a pleasant little surprise.
The hotel is quite large and it was fun to "explore". I recommend a little exploring because if you always use the front door, you may end up doing a lot of extra walking.
The staff was very friendly. The grounds are well maintained.
We loved it and this will be our first choice in hotels next time we visit DC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away from our hotel in Washington, D.C., you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelPower, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott