“Lovely property!”

Washington Marriott Wardman Park
Ranked #105 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend with my best friend and we absolutely loved it! We're both Marriott employees, so we've been in our share of Marriott properties, and I would have to say that this one is probably the best. No complaints at all. We had a nice room on the 9th floor with a beautiful view overlooking the city; it was both clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a tad small but that's no big deal. I was very impressed with the staff at this location as well - every employee that we encountered was pleasant, friendly, and willing to help. The metro station is a few steps away and there are lots of good restaurants in the area. I definitely plan to return here next time I'm in DC!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
WardmanPark, General Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear BeachBumm16,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Marriott Wardman Park hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear when other Marriott associates have enjoyed staying with us. We will be happy to have you with us again during your next trip to D.C.

Dan Nadeau

Write a ReviewReviews (2,633)

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I've been here at least 3 or 4 times. Easy to get everywhere in DC! I would definitely stay here again.

I really like the fact that I can walk, cab or subway to everything. I think it was $10 cab to museums, but subway even less. Quiet neighborhood for a walk.

We walked into Georgetown for brunch at Clyde's. Easy cab ride to White House.

• Stayed: October 2012
WardmanPark, General Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear MyTownCryer,

It is a genuine pleasure to read reviews such as yours. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of the Washington Marriott Wardman Park hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

A friend and I were attending a holiday party near the Naval Observatory. We flew in to Reagan airport and quickly and easily found our way to the hotel via the metro. We were able to check in early and the concierge directed us to some nearby shopping. (another easy metro ride!) We had a late drink and dinner at Harry's Pub which was great! The following morning we took a taxi back to the airport - again, quick and easy, though more expensive at around $25. This hotel was perfect for us since we weren't really there for sightseeing. The room was small, but comfortable and clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Elizabeth M,

We thank you for taking the time to review Marriott Wardman Park and appreciate your wonderful comments. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed at the Marriott Wardman Park in Washington DC during December for a conference and I would say my feelings about this hotel are mixed at best. First, the pros are fairly simple and things you would expect of any hotel with an average daily rate this high. The hotel is very clean, staff was very friendly and helpful and the meeting facilities were very adequate for our conference needs. One of the main pros of this hotel was the location. It was convenient to local restaurants, the metro line and other nearby attractions. The cons I would considerable notable would be that WiFi was scattered at best throughout the hotel, even if you purchased it, the bathrooms were very small (including showers) with narrow shower stalls with very low hanging shower faucets and I’m only 5’10”. Sleep quality was ok, at least in my tower, lots of construction type noise during the night. The service at the Stones Throw bar was so-so. Stopped by Sunday evening to watch some of the game, five servers behind the bar, but apparently only one can cash you out. Had to wait 10+ minutes to get my bill and it wasn’t terribly busy. So again, this hotel is a place that I would say you can expect good service and service up to the Marriott standard, however I wouldn’t expect too much more.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear etrain33,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your December stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was no more than standard. We appreciate your comments, which give us the opportunity to see where we have room for improvement. I intivite you to stay with us in the future so that we may exceed your expectations and provide you with an experience far beyond just standard.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Though this hotel has in many ways seen its better days, the hotel is full of character and I couldn't be happier with my experience there.
Located close to a Metro stop and several restaurants, the hotel is in a prime DC location. We stayed in the historic building and had a great street view. Tammi Lee at the front desk went above and beyond to make sure that all of our needs were addressed. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
WardmanPark, General Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear KosMarkov,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback of your December stay. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be sure that Tami knows of your kind words and the great work she is doing.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The Marriott Wardman Park is an at best average hotel in an excellent location. We stayed during a conference when rates at this hotel were quite high, certainly far beyond the quality of the rooms or hotel amenities. Our room was small with an adequate bathroom. This is a large hotel with little charm. In the future, I will plan to stay elsewhere because there are many nicer options in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tsogl

Dear tsogol,

I genuinely appreciate the time you've taken to write your review and regret that we did not meet your expectations. We welcome to have you stay with us during your next visit so that we may provide you with a much more positive experience.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed here for a conference located at the hotel. The location was ideal as the Woodley Park metro AND the Rock Creek Trail were a stone's throw from the hotel. This made for wonderful morning workouts both south to the National Mall and north toward Maryland. Most big cities can't offer creekside trail running and this was a big plus. Proximity to the metro also made for easy access to the delights along The Mall. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and accommodating.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Hippen

Dear Hippen,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the Marriott Wardman Park hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Not everyone has the opportunity to enjoy Rock Creek trail, but we love to recommend it to the avid walkers and runners that stay at our location. We look forward to seeing you again.