Washington Marriott Wardman Park
$217
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$367
$323
  • Breakfast included
$323
$305
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
Free cancellation until 05/30
Book now, pay at stay
$409
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$383
  • Restaurant
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
Free cancellation until 05/31
Book now, pay at stay
$188
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $257/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$404
$365
$332
Priceline
2,747 results
All reviewsharry's pubstone's throw restaurantmetro stophuge hotelconvention hotelstayed at the marriottnational cathedralthe concierge loungelarge conferencetypical marriottadams morganconnecticut aveconference facilitiesself parkingattended a conferenceoutdoor poolnice neighborhood
Reviewed March 3, 2008

This hotel is in a great location if you are planning to visit the DC and don't like to drive. The zoo is just a short walk away and there are numerous restaurants within a block. You are also a very short distance away (a few steps to a 1/2 block depending on where your room is located) from the DC Metro and you can quickly and safely get to the Smithsonian or any other tourist destination for a reasonable price.
Our room was located in the newer part and didn't seem to be up to the usual Marriott standard. On our way to our room there were dirty dishes and cups strewn in the hallway that remained there overnight. The room itself was moderately clean, but they did not change the sheets during our entire visit. The room was small, tastefully decorated, but there was no refrigerator and although we requested a high floor, we were put on the second floor. The bathroom was tiny and the towels were scratchy. We used the self parking, which was quite a distance from our room. The secret to finding your way back from the self parking garage is NOT to press L for Lobby (and yes, you do want to go to the Lobby) but 8, because 8 takes you to the main Lobby. There isn't a sign or note that indicates this, we were lucky that someone in the garage told us as we were walking by and we passed the word on to other lost souls as we traveled back and forth from the garage.
I ate at the little market place one morning; it was $4.50 for a small coffee and banana. We also ate at Harry's Pub; the food there was good, especially the salad with steak and the prices were comparable to other restaurants in DC. The service at the restaurant was okay, again not as good as it is at most other Marriott locations.
I would consider going there again if I got a good rate because of it's proximity to the zoo, metro, restaurants, etc. I'd also like to stay in the older part of the hotel, it looked beautiful. This would also be a good location for a conference and they had plenty of conference rooms and facilities. It would also probably be pretty in spring, there were lots of bulbs coming up and the neighboring area was a nice place to take a walk.

1  Thank windfair
Reviewed February 26, 2008

I recently stayed at the Wardman Park Marriott while attending a conference there. It was a great stay. I stayed in the newer part of the hotel, and found it very comfortable, and particularly well set up for business travelers, with easy internet access (for a fee) and numerous plug-ins for computer, phone, etc. About a block away there are LOTS of good restaruants to choose from. MeddiTerra has WONDERFUL baklava! Bathroom is good size with yummy-smelling Bath & Bodyworks amenities. This is a HUGE hotel, and ALL of the staff is very accommodating, kind, and responsive. Took a cab from BWI ($85+tip); took the limo back ($50+tip).

2  Thank LIMSPrez
Reviewed February 25, 2008

I tagged along with my husband, who attended a convention there. Yes, it's a convention hotel, which means it's supersized so nothing is personal. Good thing was that the Metro is right outside the hotel and it took 5 minutes to get to Downtown, where I went to work everyday. Area seemed safe enough when I came back from work close to midnight one night.

If I had the choice, I wouldn't stay there again, whether it be for work or play, unless I'm attending a convention there. It's not within walking distance from downtown (work) and it's too busy to relax (vacation).

1  Thank winter_turtle
Reviewed February 21, 2008

We are staying at the Marriott Wardman Park as I write this review. You can't beat the location -- it is right on top of a metro station and near to many of the restaurants along Connecticut Ave. The bed is comfortable and the maids are good. With that said -- they have some problems at this hotel.

The first night we arrived, picked up a room key and went in search of our room.... Thirty minutes later we finally found it. There are NO useful signs in the hotel and the front desk does not give out decent directions. A xerox map would be handy. This place is HUGE.

Once we got to the room, we found that it had not been cleaned. The bed was unmade, with trash, etc., so then it was 30 minutes back to the front desk to get the key to a new room.

This new room was on the concierge floor, so it was a better room, closer to the desk and easier to find. It was also missing a refrigerator. (3 days later, still no fridge!) Bathroom is amazingly small, but bedroom area was good.

Self-Parking is sooooo bad at this hotel that I decided to valet park instead (at an increased cost). The self parking lots are creepy -- remote, hard to find from inside the hotel, not well marked, and the parking attendant told me to "just ignore all the violators will be towed signs" and park where ever I wanted. Many of the stalls are reserved for valet but apparently only used during special events. This means that the legitimate parking spots are few & far between. Since I was not willing to risk having the car towed, I just valet parked.

Room service was fine, bar service was fine. The concierge lounge charges for wine, which surprised me somewhat. Internet is 9.95/day in rooms, free in lobby.

Would I stay here again? Only Maybe........

1  Thank nahenry
Reviewed February 21, 2008

The room is very nice. It's an average size and was newly refurbished. I must have been there at a slow time because the carpet in the lobby was being replaced and I had to walk on some sort of sticky stuff to get to the elevators. I think the management assumed it was part of the experience, or just didn't know. Once I stepped in some clay or mud, or something else, I decided I didn't want to stay any longer at that specific hotel, but I do like the way Marriott sets up its rooms so I will certainly consider Marriott as a top choice in the future.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business