“Not the usual city place”

Washington Marriott Wardman Park
Ranked #100 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Vermont
“Not the usual city place”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

You can get lost at this hotel. It is huge. Rooms are wonderful. Staff is very helpful. Lots to do at hotel (if you choose) which is just a couple of blocks from the National Zoo. This venerated hotel is in a quiet part of the city which suited me just fine.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
WardmanPark, General Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear VTpondjumper,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on our Marriott Wardman Park hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Dan Nadeau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
San Diego, CA
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here for a conference I was attending. The front desk asked me if I wanted to stay in the old tower (I think it's the Wardman Tower) and I debated... I kept thinking small and gross for some reason. The front desk assured me it was older, a tad farther, but more interesting than the standard room. I went for it, and I was glad I did.

It was a tad further from the meeting rooms, but I LOVED my room compared to the "newer" rooms. It had character, windows that opened, a neat bathroom, and it was a nice sized room. The furniture is more antique and little worn, but the room was comfortable. The downside, the walls seemed a tad thin between rooms. I would highly recommend staying in the older part of the hotel. My co-workers who were in the newer part wished they were over in my tower.. said they felt like they were in any Marriott anywhere in the US. True it was a little further from the meeting rooms, but the hotel is so huge, it seems everything is far away.

The grounds of the hotel were very pretty and the hotel is across the street from the metro station and a ton of fun / decent restaurants and a CVS. So stock up on waters and snacks at the CVS vs. buying them in the over priced gift store. Staff was pleasant.

Would recommend staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I personally really liked staying in the older tower and would request staying in that tower again...
Dear Rockinjla,

We appreciate your review of the Marriott Wardman Park hotel. The Wardman Tower is indeed our historic building. Although it isn’t for everyone, many appreciate the antique style that we maintain in this part of our hotel and we welcome all of our guests to visit this part of the hotel to get a sense of the history it holds.

West Virginia
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Very good stay here. Although I can't understand why there is no hot tub there. It seems hotels in DC don't want to fool with hot tubs anymore! They have plenty of room for one by the pool. This is my only caveat about this place. Also the breakfast didn't have any biscuits and gravy. Other than that very nice hotel and strongly recommend you giving it a try!

Room Tip: If you want free wifi get a room on the very first available floor lowest to lobby! It's so stup...
Dear gower2352,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Marriott Wardman Park hotel and appreciate you taking the time to give feedback. Thank you for your suggestions. We are always looking for ways to improve.

Little Silver, New Jersey
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I've stayed here several times for conventions and a couple times when visiting family in town. Most of my stays have been great. The hotel complex, rooms, restaurants, etc are top-notch. However, my last experience was soured tremendously when my bags were stolen out of my car in while it was parked int he garage (valet). There was no damage to my car - so the valet attendant must have either left it unlocked or one of the attendants participated in the theft. The hotel took no responsibility because they subcontract valet parking. The valet parking operation never returned my calls and gave me the runaround every time I called. They even accused me of making the whole thing up.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Hal S
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. About a mile walk to the National Zoo, right on the rail line. A $20 cab ride from Reagan Int'l, $10-15 cab ride to most of the downtown attractions. The rail line is convenient but its up a long hill. Not so bad when you're leaving the hotel but very hard coming back. Several restaurants within a 2 block radius(less than 10 min walk). Several banks and a walgreens also close by. Lovely neighborhood, this is a HUGE conference hotel but still a nice place to stay even if you aren't there for a conference. BIG BONUS: they let us check in upon arrival, a full 3 hours before check-in. Big plus when you've been traveling with an infant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
WardmanPark, General Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Phylandria H,

Thank you for the wonderful and detailed feedback you have provided about the Marriott Wardman Park. We pride ourselves on the convenience on our location. Furthermore, we are always happy to check our guests in as quickly as possible.

Washington, DC
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great DC hotel, close to the National Zoo and fun DC neighborhoods like Adams Morgan and Dupont Circle. I live in DC, but had to stay here for a work conference and it was great - exactly what you expect from Marriott. Clean, beautiful rooms and super friendly staff.

Room Tip: The Wardman Tower is gorgeous with chandeliers and balconies, feels like a throwback in time, but a...
Dear AHBDC,

Thank you for your review of our Marriott Wardman Park Hotel. I am grateful to hear your stay was pleasant. We hope that, even as a DC resident, you will have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Delaware
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott Wardman Park in Washington, DC from July 18-22, 2012. This is a large hotel and I read somewhere that it is the largest convention hotel in DC. We were there for a convention as well and found some sections of the hotel to be nice and some sections to be dated (all of the lower level areas). Our room was on the 6th floor of the center section which was really nice. Extra tip - we had a king size bed room which turned out to have lots of extra space because it was on a corner. The room was bigger but the bathroom was smaller as the total room was in the shape of a triangle. But the room overall was very nice. Good view, had a fridge, nice bed, couch and other furniture. The hotel is big and the hallways are long. The ice machine was outside our room which was a blessing and a curse as it could be sometimes noisey. We also had a roll-away in the room which fit fine with plenty of space left over. I overheard one of the guests on our elevator ride say that our floor looked nicer than theirs so their may be some inconsistentcy between floors. This hotel also had an old section and a new section we stayed in the new section. The old section looked beautiful from the outside but some people said the rooms were like rooms in an old hotel meaning nice but not large bathrooms. The pool was outdoor in the old section - you would have a walk from the new section to the old section to use it and it wasn't a very large pool but it did look nice for an older style pool. The eating options at the hotel were limited to 2 restaruants which were good but very expensive. Fortunately McDonalds and many other restaurants are just a short walk away. The metro station and CVS is also very close. Valet parking was expensive $40/day and this is a common rate in DC. The hotel staff were very nice and helpful. My overall impression was better than average and expensive. The cab fare to the Capitol from the hotel was $20.

Room Tip: the 6th floor in the center tower was nice - ask for a king size room with a roll away & ask for...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank perogiman
Dear Perogiman,

Thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay at the Marriott Wardman Park. We are thrilled that your stay in July was pleasurable.

Many of our guests enjoy our historic Wardman Tower, while some prefer the more modern Center Tower. Feel free to let the staff know your preference on your next visit.