I attended a conference at the Marriot Wardman Park hotel last week. First, let me say that the grounds were absolutely lovely! The cherry blossoms had bit the dust early this year but the double-blossomed trees outside the hotel were beautiful; as were the multi-colored tulips, etc. The hotel accommodates a large conference very well but many participants are lodged in the newer section of the hotel; most rooms having adjoining room. Therein lies the problem. Our "neighbor" for three nights had to sleep with the television on. I honestly don't believe that the volumn was excessive but it was audible due to very poor soundproofing between rooms. So poor in fact, that the light from the their television actually sneaked under the adjoining room door! Our last day/night, the neighbors on one side left a dog in the unit (that barked all day long - so much for catching a nap to make up for the lack of sleep from the nights before) and then that evening the new neighbors in the adjoining room decided to return from the bar early and cheer on their favorite basketball team. At 11:30 p.m. I finally called the front desk who said they would send up security. Well, a few minutes later the neighbors' phone rang and they quieted down. Had I been afforded a good night's sleep for even one night I may have rated this hotel higher. It is very close to the Metro and some good places to eat; however, I really value sleep. Funny how my priorities have changed in my old age...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood in the heart of Washington, DC filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away, you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Head north to hear the sounds of animals coming from the National Zoo. Or venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott