“Convenient, Good Location, but soooo Busy.”

Washington Marriott Wardman Park
Ranked #106 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed February 17, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel in the past year.
This hotel was extremely busy for my most recent stay - Feb. 11-15. In the four nights I stayed there there was 1) CPAC, 2) a Community College Trustee convention, 3) a Religious convention, and 4) a high ranking Chinese official staying there. I could hardly believe the activity. On my stay, it was for the most part fine with one exception - at the Stones Throw restaurant, we had ne night of bad service. Otherwise it was fine.

Pros: Harry's Pub is open late and moderately priced (although food quality is not stellar); Stone's Throw Restaurant is good (great Turkey Club!) and fairly well priced, although 21.00 for buffet breakfast was a bit steep!. LOCATION is excellent for the national Zoo, subway and other nearby sites and sounds.

Cons: WAY too much security - I was turned away fro several entrances during the events mentioned above - felt like a second class patron while still paying $250/night. Front desk people were not very helpful, perhaps they were too stressed out, I don’t know, but again for $250/night, I expect to be treated with some respect.

TIPS: there is a CVS store about a minute away - outside of the back side of the hotel - GO THERE for water, snacks and other needs. Also there is a Chipotle and McDonalds right outside the hotel. The national ZOO is about a ten to fifteen minute walk up Connecticut Ave. The Subway is right outside the Hotel and there are plenty of Taxis waiting outside the main entrance all the time.

Room Tip: there is a CVS store about a minute away - outside of the back side of the hotel - GO THERE for wate...
1  Thank DrVicProf
WardmanPark, General Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Dear DrVicProf,
Thank you for your feedback about the Marriott Wardman Park. We hope that you were able to enjoy your visit with us during all the great conventions going on. We were so pleased to be able to accommodate so many people during each event. I will make sure to forward your comments to our restaurant managers about the experience you had. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Stayed at this HUGE hotel for a conference and was assigned a room in the older part of the hotel far from everything else...and when I say old, I mean colonial-era! Creaky wood floors, peeling paint, worn-out beds. Nevertheless, it wasn't the worst place I have stayed. I can't comment on the other sections of the hotel, but the hotel common areas and amenities were very nice. The location was excellent with a metro station a few steps away and great restaurants nearby. The National Zoo a few blocks away made for a pleasant visit, too. Ultimately, unless I attend another conference here, I would prefer to stay elsewhere instead.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
WardmanPark, General Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2012

Dear Riapots,

Thank you for providing your feedback about your last visit to the Marriott Wardman Park. I apologize that you did not enjoy your experience in our historical Wardman Tower. Upon your next visit we will make sure that you can experience a different area of the hotel. We look forward to exceeding your expectations in the near future. I will be having a member of our management team reach out to you shortly.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

This is a convention hotel that appears to have all the right stuff, but there are problems. My room was to be paid by my group, but the front desk clerk demanded my credit card instead. So I will have to be reimbursed. We had a corner room with a small bathroom which was aggravating for my wife and I. There is suppose to be free internet in the lobby, but we could never sign on, even with the help of staff. The meeting rooms downstairs are very noisey and are tired. Due to Vice President Xi being there the hotel had tons of security which prevented access to certain doors when the VP was coming and going.

Room Tip: make sure you are not next to the ice room.
2  Thank xit95i95
WardmanPark, General Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Dear lucian83,
Thank you for providing us with feedback from your stay this past week at the Marriott Wardman Park. I am very disappointed that experienced some issues during your stay. One of our front desk managers will reach out to you shortly for a follow- up.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

My husband, son and I spent a long weekend at the Wardman Park Marriott. It's a fabulous property - rooms are spacious, lobbies are well furnished, even the pool was great! We used it as jumping-off point for sightseeing in Washington and it worked out great. Even though I had a leg injury and couldn't walk a great deal, we were able to see everything we wanted using cabs at a reasonable price. It's close to the zoo, but only a short cab or Metro ride from all of the Mall museums, memorials, etc. We'll definitely go again next year.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear BabyJacksonsmom ,
Thank you for a great review from your September visit to Washington D.C. We are so close to many great tourist attractions and we truly perfect for that family vacation. We look forward to exceeding your expectations again next year.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

I was just there over the weekend and a few of my items were stolen. The rooms weren't ready until 4 pm. (I arrived at 8 am during CPAC) I left my items in the bell service/luggage storage room. by the time I came back my luggage was there but my coat I had left had been stolen, along with a pair of shoes I needed to change out of since the room was not ready and they did not fit into my bag. I called the lost and found and they were very rude to me. Also, the woman I was rooming with left behind a perfume bottle and phone charger, once we did get into the room; she called the next day to see if they had found anything and the lost and found people said NO. Untrustworthy employees. I am furious. I paid a fortune on these rooms (understandable for CPAC) but I am over all disappointed.

2  Thank Cat L
WardmanPark, General Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Dear Cat L,
Thank you for your feedback. Please allow me to express my deepest and sincerest apologize about your stay with us. I am disappointed to hear about the issues regarding your lost items. I am going to have a member of our Management team reach out to you to follow up about your stay.

Best Regards,
Dan Nadaeu

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Fantastic hotel.

Short walk to the underground station and from there it’s a short train ride to the heart of Washington DC.
The customer service was EXCELLENT. Our travel agent had made an error and our booking for our stay here couldn’t be found by hotel staff (we later worked out it was not the fault of the hotel). But while they sought to rectify it with the travel company, they gave us a room instead of making us wait - and that was the last we heard of the booking issue.
The rooms themselves, and indeed the entire hotel, is very well presented, comfortable, clean and have tea & coffee making facilities. It seems like a hotel where its main clients are corporates, hence the presentation. In fact Obama gave speech in one of the function rooms while we were there.
Breakfast at the hotel’s restaurant was a bit pricey for a continental breakfast. You can go a slightly more expensive option and get the buffet though.

Would definitely stay there again. Great accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
WardmanPark, General Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Dear GMT80,
Thank you for the great review from your past stay at the Marriott Wardman Park, Our hotel does have a great location and meets the needs of our business and leisure travelers. The front desk team works very hard to make sure that all guests are satisfied and will always offer assistance. Please keep us in mind for all future business or vacation trips.

-Dan Nadeau

Reviewed February 12, 2012

We spent two days at the Wardman in late January and were impressed by its level of service for a hotel that is so massive in its size. It's location is very convenient to both the metro and local area restaurants. It has six computers with free high speed Internet access in the lobby which I found to be available at all times. It also has a "market place" located off the main lobby that serves light meals, snacks and beverages.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Dear SkateHollywood,

Thank you so much for your fantastic comment about our hotel service, amenities, and convenient location. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in january at the Marriott Wardman Park. Please come back to see us very soon.