This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel in the past year.
This hotel was extremely busy for my most recent stay - Feb. 11-15. In the four nights I stayed there there was 1) CPAC, 2) a Community College Trustee convention, 3) a Religious convention, and 4) a high ranking Chinese official staying there. I could hardly believe the activity. On my stay, it was for the most part fine with one exception - at the Stones Throw restaurant, we had ne night of bad service. Otherwise it was fine.
Pros: Harry's Pub is open late and moderately priced (although food quality is not stellar); Stone's Throw Restaurant is good (great Turkey Club!) and fairly well priced, although 21.00 for buffet breakfast was a bit steep!. LOCATION is excellent for the national Zoo, subway and other nearby sites and sounds.
Cons: WAY too much security - I was turned away fro several entrances during the events mentioned above - felt like a second class patron while still paying $250/night. Front desk people were not very helpful, perhaps they were too stressed out, I don’t know, but again for $250/night, I expect to be treated with some respect.
TIPS: there is a CVS store about a minute away - outside of the back side of the hotel - GO THERE for water, snacks and other needs. Also there is a Chipotle and McDonalds right outside the hotel. The national ZOO is about a ten to fifteen minute walk up Connecticut Ave. The Subway is right outside the Hotel and there are plenty of Taxis waiting outside the main entrance all the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood in the heart of Washington, DC filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away, you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Head north to hear the sounds of animals coming from the National Zoo. Or venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott