Washington Marriott Wardman Park
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$328
$287
  • Breakfast included
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$479
$220
$194
$293
$280
$238
$225
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$389
$171
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$428
$335
$351
$314
$502
Hotelpower.com
2,749 results
All reviewsharry's pubstone's throw restaurantmetro stophuge hotelconvention hotelstayed at the marriottnational cathedralthe concierge loungelarge conferencetypical marriottadams morganconnecticut aveconference facilitiesself parkingattended a conferenceoutdoor poolnice neighborhood
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed at the Marriott Wardman Park for just one night, but I would definitely go back. The hotel is really beautiful (even impressive, I would say), and really well located, quite close to Dupont Circle (about 20-25 minutes walk). It is also extremely close to a metro station, which makes it really easy to reach. The room was very spacious and clean. The reception efficient and very willing to help. The neighbourhood of the hotel is really nice, with plenty of restaurants and shops, and things to see. Definitely, I'd go back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank luigi66
WardmanPark, General Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Dear luigi66,
Thank you for reviewing The Marriott Wardman Park. Your kind words about your stay are a true testament to the elegance and beauty of the historic nature of our hotel. It is always wonderful to hear that our front desk representatives are providing the best check in experience possible to guests such as yourself. Certainly come back again soon, and we will work hard to continue to impress!
Dan Nadeau

Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed here during the Easter break. The grounds were spectacular with thousands of tulips in bloom. There is a lovely terrace where you can sit and enjoy your morning coffee among the tulips. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. This really nice hotel is perfectly located for exploring Washington. The Subway stop is on the corner and the National Zoo is in walking distance. The surrounding neighborhood features lots of resturants and shops and seems to be safe. Lots of activity on the streets in the evening but not the rowdy kind. This will be our first choice for any future trips to DC

Room Tip: Check for holiday discounts at travel sites like Travel Zoo
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Dear Kybloom,
Thank you so much for staying with us over Easter break! Here at The Marriott Wardman Park we certainly have some of the most beautiful flowers in the entire city. Our landscaping team takes great pride in working round the clock to provide our guests with a wonderful backdrop to their D.C. experience. I have already passed along your compliments to the staff and am overjoyed to hear they are working hard to go above and beyond.
I hope that we can have you here again soon!
Dan Nadeau

Reviewed August 13, 2011

This Marriott is in a pretty neighborhood, just outside Washington DC's downtown area. To visit any of the attractions you will need to take a taxi. The grounds are attractive but some of the interior areas are a little dated. This is a large convention hotel and the lobbies and hallways were pretty crowded. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the staff was polite.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Priceline put us at the Mariott Wardman Park. Got a decent deal, so can't complain. But how was the hotel?

Positives:
- Right on the metro line, one stop from Dupont Circle, three or four stops from the Mall.
- Huge complex, with lots of conference and meeting facilities, pool, fitness centre, etc. Lobby bar / sitting area with six free internet terminals. Lots of elevators, so we never had to wait more than a minute.
- Quiet room with a comfortable bed and all mod cons, including a fridge and coffee maker. (OK, sometimes it felt our room was a quarter mile from the elevator, but really it couldn't have been more than 100 yards.)
- 10- to 15-minute walk from the National Zoo (free admission)
- CVS drug store and a bunch of restaurants just a stone's throw away

Negatives:
- Room was an OK size, but the bathroom was very small
- Internet is $12.95 a day. Yes, there are six free terminals in the lobby, but really, in this day and age, hotels should be providing in-room Wi-Fi at no extra charge as a matter of course.
- Vending machines take only credit cards - and did not accept mine. (Just as well - $2.50 for a bottle of water or soda is extortionate.)
- No place in the vicinity to have a non-hotel breakfast. Lots of restaurants for lunch or dinner (including a place that serves very decent panini and pizza and is open late), but outside of the hotel coffee shop (six bucks for a small container of grapes) and restaurant there are no other options.
- Yes, it's on the Metro line, but you still have to take the metro to get to just about any place you want to go, except the zoo. If not for the Priceline deal, I would never have chosen to stay at a hotel so far from anything I want to do or see in DC.

And that last point, sadly, means that the Marriott Wardman Park drops from four stars to three in my book.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank gonin60seconds
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This hotel was not my choice since we were here for business. I had read other reviews and wasn't sure I wanted to be here :-(. However, it was better than I anticipated. Our room was nice and recently renovated, non smoking, king bed. There was no extra blanket in the closet but when I called to request one, it was brought immediately to my room. We requested the Center Building (the Wardman Building is an older building). I walked throughout the whole hotel and thought it was nice, though nothing special. The staff out front was kind. We had waited for a Tour Trolley for 45 minutes (should come through every 20-30 minutes) and a woman/valet called the tour company only to find out e Trolley wasn't coming up the hill that day. Also, when it looked like rain, another valet worker, seeing us waiting for the Trolley, offered 2 umbrellas. All in all, any service person we dealt with was kind and attentive. I can see the other comments made by other reviewers to be negative perhaps because upon arrival at the front doors of the hotel, no one immediately greets you nor comes to your aid unless you ask.
Would I stay here again? Probably, now that I've seen for myself the hotel & staff. I liked that the Trolley Tour made the hotel "Stop #16" (convenient for hotel goers), and I liked the close proximity to the National Cathedral. That was a 15 minute walk up a beautiful neighborhood hill or "Stop #17" on the Trolley Tour.
I didn't use the pool but did walk to it. It is a bit of a walk from your hotel room. Not bad in the summer, but maybe not so good come cooler weather. We ate at one of the restaurants. Not bad and the service was very good as well as the food was tasty.
Lastly, I do agree with the other reviewers about the noisy hallways. You can easily hear what is going on around you. You also hear every door closing etc. Wasn't too noisy for us so I was assuming the hotel was not fully booked :-))

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business