Stayed here on business for two nights and certainly would recommend it for business travellers / conferences. A huge hotel - took ten minutes to walk to my room (room 5305)! My room was situated in the Wardman tower which I think was the older part of the hotel and while quite charming, could have benefited with some cosmetic updating. My room in particular, although huge, lacked some rather basic useful extras - a bathrobe and water for example. I probably wouldn't have minded so much had I not seen my colleague's room in the main part of the hotel (10th floor), which was clearly recently renovated, beautifully decorated and had everything my room lacked! If you stay at the hotel, do push for a newer room as it will make for a much more pleasant stay.
The cleanliness of my room could have been a little better (two hairs in the back - yuck!) but the rest of the hotel was immaculate so it may have just been a neglectful member of staff. Also my bath supplies weren't replenished but my colleague's I noticed were! The room had a coffee machine which was welcomed.
Bed was "out-of-this-world" comfy! But as I had jetlag I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked!
The hotel has great restaurant facilities - Starbucks in particular was great. I ate breakfast at the hotel only one morning and it was perfectly fine. I also ordered room service one night and it was also good. Staff are extremely helpful. The concierge sorted cabs for me in a second.
Conference facilities were mediocre but I work in the industry so am particularly fussy.
Would I stay again? On business yes, otherwise no - it's way too impersonal for a holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away from our hotel in Washington, D.C., you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott