“A Patriotic Slice of Life”
Review of We the Pizza

We the Pizza
Ranked #13 of 3,237 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Patriotic Slice of Life”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great stop for a quick slice or to share a pie with friends or family when stopping by our Nation's Capitol! Good pizza, reasonable value, and what a great patriotic name for a pizza place. Be sure to stop by and refill your tank at "We the Pizza"

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“Good pizza but don't forget to try the wings”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I am not going to lie: I was visiting DC and went out of my way to walk from the Mall to this place because I knew Spike Mendolsohn from Top Chef. So I was pre-disposed to like the place, but also had a high expectation. My expectations were largely met.

My friend and I both got the tomato mozzarella slice and I also got the spinach and artichoke slice. They were both very tasty, and to me a good value at $4/slice. I have paid more for worse. The only complaint I had was that my friend's slice had much more tomato than mine.

But the real highlight for me here was the sriracha and honey chicken wings. 3 good sized drums and 3 flats, at just the right level of crispiness for me. The sauce was a perfect balance of heat and sweet. I used my extra pizza crust to sop up the sauce.

If i lived in DC I would probably end up eating here regularly. I was only sorry I ddin't see the homemade sodas on the menu at all, and that no one at the counter suggested I get the 2 slice and homemade soda special since I got 2 slices and a Coke from the fountain. This busy lunch spot doesn't really do customer service at that level I guess.

Cherry Hill, NJ USA
“Great pizza”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

When our concierge in the hotel told us to visit this pizza place since it was the "best in DC" I was very skeptical. Coming from Philly it takes a lot to impress me with Pizza. I have to admit, it was excellent. Would definitely visit again.

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Best pizza I have ever had!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We went to We the Pizza because my husband had seen Spike on Top Chef and wanted to try his food. I must say that we were not disappointed! Not only were there lots of pizzas to choose from, but the choices were not the typical ones. We purchased 3 slices ($4 each) sausage & peppers, spinach & artichoke and Colletti's Notorious BBQ (pulled pork, BBQ sauce, fried onions). All of them were out of this world! I am not a pizza expert, but I have had pizza in a lot of cities. This is the best pizza I have ever had! We also tried Blue Moon's Pumpkin Spice beer that was great. The guy at the counter was really great about checking on food allergen info too. You will not be disappointed!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Pizza TERRIBLE SERVICE”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We love these pizzas, have been getting them ever since the restaurant opened. I had the absolute worst service tonight, however. The driver was rude when he called and lied about waiting few minutes in the lobby. He then gave me the wrong ticket and called me back down to the lobby to give him his ticket back. I never got a receipt for my pizza. God knows what he did with our ticket or how much we'll be charged. Terrible, terrible service. I won't ever order pizza from here again.