“Great Food”
Review of Graffiato

Graffiato
Reserve with OpenTable
Graffiato is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #252 of 3,369 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Chose this restaurant due to being a fan of Top Chef and knowing it was Mike Isabella's place. We had the striped bass with potato, smoked eggplant, and pine nut relish; the gnocchi with a black truffle and wild mushroom sauce; and the pumpkin risotto with smoked provolone. All were delicious and it was great to sample several dishes. We felt it was a great value given the tastiness of the food. The service and atmosphere were both fine.

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

This meal was with friends on a weeknight during prime hours and it turned out to be a good but not great experience. We we unlucky enough to sit adjacent the kitchen so it was quite noisy, especially when combined with the interesting, but awesome choice of 90's alternative rock. Strangely enough, the music was one of the more memorable things about the place ;-0

That being said, the pizza was top tier, in line with what you'd get at Amy's or Paradiso, and the beet appetizer was also really good. The food was definitely worth the above average prices.

One thing that shocked me...was the per glass price of the "house" wine that I asked for. The waiter was honest in saying that they didn't offer a house wine per se, but suggested I have the "x" red instead (can't even recall the name). I get the bill and note that each glass was $12!? Really, I ask for a house wine and you recommend a $12 glass of wine? It was shockingly good for a house red and that shoulda tipped me off...just beware of trying to get a value wine with your meal. Not really an option there.

1  Thank Dan P
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I went because of seeing Mike Isabella on Top Chef. I ordered two small plates... the spaghetti and the short ribs. Both were out of this world wonderful. They came to about $25. They also do wood fire pizzas and lots of other small plate Italian/mediterranean items. A little disappointed that the $20 3 course lunch listed on line didn't have all items available. Also took a very long time to pay my check. However, server very knowledgeable about dairy content of dishes. A lot of what they serve does have dairy. The two items I had didn't, and were great. Not a place to take my mom, but my husband would love it. One block from Chinatown Metro.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went for a late lunch? Sat at the bar and enjoyed a variety of small plates. The broccolini dish was outstanding and very memorable. Would definitely come ack and bring others to try.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have been to Grafiato twice now. My sister lives in DC and has met Mike Isabella and suggested that I would like the restaurant. I visited the first time back in October. I took a day trip for a lunch with my sister. We had made a reservation to be safe. I arrived a bit early and took a seat at the empty bar at 11am on a Friday. Although one of my sister's selling features was that they have PROSECCO on tap I asked the bartender Greg about the Seasonal Grafiatto punch and was offered a sample. I fell in love with the cucumber vodka and drank it the rest of the afternoon. We shared a few small plates for lunch including the cauliflower and rissotto and then a pizza. Everything was fantastic. The staff was so awesome and friendly.

SO while in town again this weekend for a Bon Jovi concert we decided to stop in for a preconcert drink. We were happy to see Greg behind the bar again and were greeted with Bon Jovi tunes! They were totally in tune with who their customer would be that evening and we had a blast. This time the punch was a Sangria - which I loved again!

I would go back here everytime I visit DC! Without being a loud obnoxious bar it is a great time with fun staff!

GO GO GO!