“Favorite museum!”

$39.00*
Hop-On Hop-Off Washington DC Bus Tour
Ranked #36 of 453 things to do in Washington DC
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My family loved the postal museum. It was close to our hotel near Union Station, and it surpassed any expectations I had. The reviews below are exactly how I felt.... definitely a great experience, and the fact it isn't crowded makes it even better. I loved the stamp displays, and all of the various vehicles they have on display. My son LOVED driving the truck. After going to the Natural History and Space and Air museums, this was like an oasis for sure.

1  Thank herkyva

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We've done the standard tourist visits, and had time to do the Postal Museum. It was more than stamp collections and was very interesting to see how the post office sorting process has changed as the volume of mail has increased amazingly fast.

1  Thank colduser
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stopped enroute to Union Station for a quick visit... my expectations were fairly low since it's hard for me to imagine something more boring than looking at thousands of stamps from the past 100 years. However, the whole first floor was very engaging, with the history of the Postal service and Mail delivery thru the years. Many hands on exhibits provide entertainment for the children, our 10y and 8y loved the mail sorting activities along with the scanning mail. They also loved climbing in and out of the stage coach and making fun of the mannequins inside. Seriously, I don't know where they get it. LOL

Presented in the same style as Air & Space or American History, the Postal Museum is good for 1-1.5 hrs. no on site food. Jump over to Union Station and enjoy the variety of food there after your trip.

1  Thank Everett S
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The museum has a lot interactive displays and the exhibition is designed beautifully. We spent an afternoon in it, but I could easily see someone spend a whole day in it and not get tired. We sent a few of our favorite stamps back home via email and designed our own stamp. I especially liked the feature that the photo-editing facility can help you put a vintage filter on it in less than a second. We wrote two postcards and sent it to our parents, feeling great of getting back to the traditional way of communication. The front desk of this museum even has a scavenger hunt sheet for kid to fill out! We noticed that the museum cancelled both of its highlight tours. What a pity. It is definitely a museum that should have been more popular than it is.

2  Thank connietmm
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We decided to visit the National Postal Museum because we were staying at the hotel across the street and "Why Not". I wasn't expecting much, but I was very surprised. It's a great museum. The exhibits upstairs might be a little boring for children, but I found them very interesting. Downstairs the exhibits were life-sized ranging from beginning of mail delivery of the pony express to modern day. I would recommend this museum for everyone, young and old.

2  Thank westtown_mom