Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $97.54
More Info
from $86.58
More Info
All reviews david luria an excellent instructor night photography shutter speed professional photographer digital camera learning experience cherry blossoms washington area national cathedral explore dc learn something his knowledge take pictures library of congress techniques skills
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

David is a great teacher. I would highly recommend him at any skill level. I am a beginner and he taught me so much about how to take photos and work my camera.

Date of experience: March 2020
Reviewed February 14, 2020

Another wonderful photography learning opportunity from David Luria and his Washington Photo Safari team! When I bought my first digital camera years ago, I participated in one of his Monuments and Memorials Safaris, and since then I've participated in quite a few more. Even though I think I'm fairly well versed now, I still learn something new each time. This was a great opportunity to experiment with photographing in the colorfully lit Washington National Cathedral. Thanks David!

Date of experience: February 2020
GlobeTrotting713406, Owner at Washington Photo Safari, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2020

We are always happy to have customers like this return for new and different photo instruction experiences. About one-third of our 38,000 customers are repeat clients coming on two or more safaris. 700 of our clients have been on an average of 9 safaris apiece, 50 people have been on 25 safaris apiece, and two of our most dedicated clients have been on 65 of the 120 excursions that we offer.

Reviewed February 7, 2020

Living near DC, an iconic place to photograph AND having David Luria by your side is a winning combination. He not only makes suggestions on angels, composition, colors, lighting, etc., he also teaches you about aspects of your camera you may not have known. His decades of experience as a professional photographer shines through. Such a great tour by an amazing instructor. I would recommend this tour to anyone looking to improve skills or just enjoy DC monuments!

Date of experience: September 2019
GlobeTrotting713406, Owner at Washington Photo Safari, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2020

We appreciate this review because it urges people who live in the Dc area to out and appreciate Dc through the lens of their camera! About 75% of our clients are local residents, many of who have never taken the time to smell the roses and see the sights in their own backyard. DC is a very photogenic city and we are proud to show it off to local residents and visitors alike

Reviewed December 23, 2019

I had a wonderful experience with this photography tour. David was patient and extremely knowledgeable in teaching us lighting, different camera modes, and techniques to bring our photography to the next level. He took the time with each of us answering questions. I will definitely go on other tours with this group.

Date of experience: December 2019
PhotoSafariDC, Owner at Washington Photo Safari, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2019

One of the great pleasures of teaching photography is dealing with clients like this who are just getting back into photography after using film cameras many years ago. Her enthusiasm for her hobby is contagious and it makes our job much easier because of her willingness to learn!

Reviewed December 22, 2019

We took the Mt Vernon Holiday Fireworks Tour, and the learning experience was everything I had hoped it would be. My husband is not a photographer, so he was able to just walk with us; the charge was $30, just the cost of the entry ticket. I have been using my Canon camera for years, but only on "auto" mode, so I had a lot to learn, including the first time using a tripod. David was very patient, the perfect level for me.

Date of experience: December 2019
GlobeTrotting713406, Owner at Washington Photo Safari, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2019

We thank this client for her review. Photography is such a fun hobby, it gives us great pleasure when we can help a client enjoy her hobby even more by teaching her to be in control of the picture-making process!