Open today: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Washington Photo Safari tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Washington Photo Safari
from $89.00
More Info
from $79.00
More Info
All reviews david luria camera settings white balance skill level photography skills photo tips experienced photographer great teacher amateur photographer learned how learning experience franciscan monastery great pics his knowledge learn something national cathedral money well spent
Reviewed April 25, 2017

I have always been interested in photography but never took the time to learn much about it until now. David Luria is a wonderful instructor. He not only makes the class informative he also makes it fun. The first class I took with David was a night shoot. My camera skills were non existent and I was sure I was going to come away from the class with my usual OK looking pictures. Instead, with David's knowledge and patience, I was able to take some beautiful photographs while learning about many of the key features of my camera. Now, with five more classes under my belt, using the Auto feature is a thing of the past! It's been such an enjoyable experience that I'm now planning to get my sister to take one of David's classes with me. I highly recommend Washington Photo Safari as an educational resource.

1  Thank CD B
Reviewed April 4, 2017

I participated in Washington Photo Safari photo session along the Tidal Basin in DC in March. It was an excellent session. David L. provided a handout with a lot of photo tips, provided many tips along the way, and provided one on one help with camera settings, etc. I look forward to participating in additional sessions in the future. Great session.

Reviewed March 21, 2017

We did a full day photography course and were delighted with the day and how informative David is. My boyfriend is more experienced at photography than me but we both got a great deal of useful tips and information! I am a total beginner and had not ever used the different settings. A month later and I am using what I learnt and putting into practice what I was shown in Washington. Thanks for a great day!

Reviewed March 15, 2017

I received this tour as a b-day present and it was really a great experience. David is a photography guru -very informed, patient, and passionate. The class was very personal as well, as David took time to know all of us and tried to personalize the experience based on what we wanted to get out of it. Also learned a good deal about the Monuments themselves and how to get more comfortable with my camera. I will sign up for another session with the Photo Safari next month. Highly recommended for photo enthusiasts of all levels.

PhotoSafariDC, Owner at Washington Photo Safari, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2017

We always feel it is important to make our instruction tailored to the specific needs and interests of each client. Some are more skilled than others, they have a good artistic sense but need more help with the technology of their cameras. Others are strong on the technology but feel they are weak in composition and artistry. Some are interested in nature and landscapes, others in portraits, children and pets. Because our groups are small, 4-5 people, we can give close hands-on attention to the skills of each person.

Based on the reviews we have received over the years, we seem to be on the right track! And one of the most common comments we get on the safari is; "Darn! I WISH we had done this before our trip to...... last year!"

Reviewed February 9, 2017

I signed up for the Monuments and Memorials: Travel Photography - Half Day course in order to learn the basics of my newly purchased DSLR camera. I ended up being the only one on the safari that day and got a private lesson in photography from David that day. Great experience! I knew next to nothing about photography beyond the automatic mode. David patiently reviewed the different modes on the camera, when to use them, and had plenty of sample photographs. Afterwards, we visited the Vietnam War, Korean War, and Lincoln Memorials to put what I had just learned into practice. David tailored the experience to the type of photography I would be doing and my experience level. I definitely want to return for another safari!

PhotoSafariDC, Owner at Washington Photo Safari, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2017

We always enjoy teaching clients like this one who are new to their cameras because they take such joy in discovering all the things a good camera can do, even more effectively than a cell phone!