Book In Advance
Tours from Washington Photo Safari tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Washington Photo Safari
from $89.00
More Info
from $79.00
More Info
All reviews david luria camera settings white balance skill level photography skills photo tips experienced photographer great teacher amateur photographer learned how learning experience franciscan monastery great pics his knowledge learn something national cathedral money well spent
Reviewed September 6, 2016

I happen to live in the DC area, so am fortunate enough to have partaken of several Washington Photo Safaris. They cover most of the iconic locations in Washington, but include some of the lesser known places, as well. Often times, these are locations requiring special permission. You can be sure that from beginners to professionals, there is great value in participating in a Washington Photo Safari. It's also a great way for out-of-town visitors to get an introduction to the city. My most recent Safari was to the Dayanet Center of America in Lanham, MD. The DCA includes a mosque, community, educational, and recreational center.

PhotoSafariDC, Owner at Washington Photo Safari, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2016

The Diyanet center Mosque is one of our newest venues for teaching architectural photography. Others include St matthews, St Nicholas, St Johns the baptist Russian Orthodox, the Franciscan monastery and Washington National Cathedral

Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

I booked two tours. One was the standard afternoon tour to photograph the cherry blossoms. I found the group very friendly and the instructor Mr. David Luria a person with a lot of practical knowledge on photography. Great 3-4 hours.
My second tour was a personal and private tour to shot at night the main monuments. In a person to person time, Mr Luria explained to me all the details of night monuments photography. He was so good that I decided to take the cruise photo tour he is having in April 2017 from Baltimore to Bermuda and back.

Reviewed September 5, 2016

Washington Photo Safari offers top notch training geared to your ability. They offer basic training, will help you increase your ability to visualize the scene and determine the best way to take the photo. After taking the photo constructive criticism is offered promptly so you have the opportunity to take the scene again.
The bottom line is you improve and your knowledge increases making you a better photographer.
I recommend the various programs and opportunities Washington Photo Safari offers for anyone desiring to become better as a photographer and would like an easy way to see several wonderful sites throughout the area at a reasonable cost.

Reviewed September 5, 2016

I have done at least a half dozen Safaris with WPS. I am a local so can go to most of the locations on my own but prefer the WSP experience. I've done private one on one sessions as well as groups. The Monuments by Night cant be beat!! I encourage anyone with a bent toward photography to try a Safari whether you're local or on a visit. The instructors are great and they can get you to locations you'd otherwise miss.

Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

I'm a longtime DC area resident who loves to photograph and learn more about my own backyard! David Luria and his team of photographers are the ones to do it with whether you are a native or visitor. I took the 4th of July Safari and David was very attentive to me and the other safari guests! He helped me get the ideal spot for me and my tripod with camera. Folks has all types of cameras from point-and-shoot to DSLRs and he was able to help us all with the correct camera settings, location and timing for the fireworks! I've also taken the Lafayette Square Nepal Earthquake benefit safari and plan to take more. No matter what your experience, go on a photo safari while in DC!