“Now a Certified Professional Photographer”

Washington Photo Safari
$99.00*
Icons of Capitol Hill Photo Safari
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Washington Photo Safari is one of the country's leading providers of amateur photographer instruction. Established in 1999, it was the first program of regularly scheduled local photo safaris in the nation. It teaches the techniques of photography by taking visitors and local residents on half-day and full-day outdoor photo shoots around key sites of the nation's capital and other cities, while an accompanying professional photographer offers participants extensive tips in the use of several camera models, image composition and design, proper exposure and lighting, and posing "models" to the best effect. Washington Photo Safari provides hands-on photography training field trips with a team of 11 professional photographers giving instruction to hundreds of clients every month on local and domestic outdoor itineraries. Since 1999, over 35,000 amateur photographers have been trained on 5,300 safaris by Washington Photo Safari, 10,300 of them returning as repeat clients
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Washington Photo Safari gets a lot of credit for launching my career as a Certified Professional Photographer. I have attended many of the classes, including the trip to Paris. You learn how, when, and where to take the most powerful images and make great friends along the way. David, of course, is an excellent photographer.---In every class, he will show you how to get great professional images. Thanks to Washington Photo Safari, I am now paid a lot of money for the one thing I love --Photography! Thanks David.

GGFLOWERS PHOTOGRAPHY

1  Thank ggflowersphotography

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I've been to a few safaris with David. His tips are very useful. I'm always remembering his lessons about photography when I'm taking pictures. Going out in a safari with him means knowledge and pleasure. That's why I'm looking forward to the next one. But I have one problem. I'm not in the neighborhood. I live in Brazil. www.viajandocomjesus.blogspot.com

Reviewed August 30, 2012

David Luria is a knowledgeable photographer who knows Washington well so you get a two for one deal by joining a Photo Safari.

Information was provided about the many features of SLR cameras which should be used for better photos. It is something you paid for when you purchased the camera. Information was also provided as to photo composition which I found very helpful. You will learn a useful trick of how to eliminate moving cars, people, etc. from a photo. Don't ask me to explain, it just works.

Many different Safari are offered. I hope to take addition ones and do recommend Washington Photo Safari to others.

RJ

Reviewed June 28, 2012

A long time native of the area I just recently found time to take a class through Washington Photo Safari! It is something I whole heartedly recommend as it completely opened my eyes to new ways to photograph DC and changed my pictures from snap shots to photos worthily of any coffee table photo book or online slide show for my relatives.
The class titled, Monuments and Memorials, taught by award winning photographer David Luria was in short an absolute blast, appealing to photographers on all levels from beginners with point and shoot cameras to pros with high end digital slr's.
Not only do you learn how to get better shots, you learn about the history and background of the city and the monuments you are capturing.
Now that I have taken this class I am hooked and plan on taking many more from this talented group of professional photographers who are passionate about their craft and providing outstanding service to their clients.
Visit: http://washingtonphotosafari.com/ for their complete class offerings

1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have now taken 2 photo safaris through WPS. One with David Luria in DC and one with David Muse in Baltimore. Both were extremely beneficial to me as an amatuer photographer who wants to capture better photographs and learn about what all those settings on my camera can do! The added bonus was finding new locations in both cities that, even as a long time local, I didn't know existed. Both instructors were patient and informative, and the small group setting gives them the opportunity to provide individualized attention, assistance, and immediate feedback. Highly recommend! Very reasonable cost for the quality of instruction and the end product.

2  Thank Lisa R