“Very Good”

and up
The White House as a Home Walking Tour
Ranked #51 of 465 things to do in Washington DC
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Very Helpful, The line moved quickly. There were helpful, since I had knee problems. It was an honor to see the White House.

1  Thank SWA6046
"great insight"
in 5 reviews
"worth a stop"
in 8 reviews
"the national park service"
in 7 reviews
in 57 reviews
"history"
in 115 reviews

Reviewed November 1, 2012

There are some restrictions though, I was disappointed I could not go in certain areas, but I guess that is understandable when you think about it.

1  Thank inHim555
Reviewed October 20, 2012

A great option for those of us not lucky enough to go inside the actual White House. I watched a very informative 20-30 minute long video which gave lots of interesting information about the White House itself & all of the various inhabitants. Currently in a temporary building while the original building gets renovated.

1  Thank lrnnnn
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I went to the temporary White House Visitor's Center on Friday Oct 12th because there was some confusion about where I needed to pick up my White House Garden Tour Tickets. My congressman's office had called me the day prior and told me that tickets would be waiting for me (it turned out they were actually at her office). I went to the visitors center thinking that that's where I picked up my tickets and the ranger I spoke with and the employee or volunteer there were both rather rude and condescending - they treated me as though I was lying about having tickets and then ultimately told me that if I had tickets avaialble before the day of the Garden tour then they would be at my congressman's office which was 15 blocks away (they pointed in the general direction). Not an enjoyable experience... And to be frank - with the exception of having some maps and a video playing non-stop there isn't much to see there... at least not at the temporary one...

3  Thank MyrtleBeachNanny