“Temporary White House Visitor Center leaves much to be wanted..”

White House Visitors Center
Book In Advance
$13.50*
and up
Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley, Guided Tour of Arlington National Cemetery
$75.00*
Dynamite Day Tour: Small Group DC Bus Tour
$42.00*
Washington DC Essential Hop-On Hop-Off plus Bonus Tour
Ranked #53 of 461 things to do in Washington DC
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I went to the temporary White House Visitor's Center on Friday Oct 12th because there was some confusion about where I needed to pick up my White House Garden Tour Tickets. My congressman's office had called me the day prior and told me that tickets would be waiting for me (it turned out they were actually at her office). I went to the visitors center thinking that that's where I picked up my tickets and the ranger I spoke with and the employee or volunteer there were both rather rude and condescending - they treated me as though I was lying about having tickets and then ultimately told me that if I had tickets avaialble before the day of the Garden tour then they would be at my congressman's office which was 15 blocks away (they pointed in the general direction). Not an enjoyable experience... And to be frank - with the exception of having some maps and a video playing non-stop there isn't much to see there... at least not at the temporary one...

3  Thank MyrtleBeachNanny

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Since we could not go inside to the white house. The visitor center is good alternative and very informative.

1  Thank Hanna P
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Good experience for a first visit to DC and to this country as a whole. Planning to go back next time and see what I was not able to see.

1  Thank Ummy2010
Reviewed August 30, 2012

What trip to Washington DC is complete without a trip to the white house. Plan accordingly, and hit the visitor center first.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is a small place on the first floor of a government office building. Tells alot about the history and building of the white house. A few gift items available.